We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Sixty Six

Which Holmes Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield england
Resort Sixty Six

Hi, Have just booked a week at Resort Sixty Six on Holmes Beach - a few questions-

Has anyone stayed here? I know its on the beach which is a great plus -

Are there bars and restaurants within walking distance? We enjoy walking so a 20 - 30 minute stroll is no hardship.

We are arriving on 25th September - what kind of weather can we expect?

How far is Holmes Beach from Kissimmee?

I have read some reviews about the sea - is it really clear and can you snorkel off the beach?

Many thanx

Anna Maria Island
1. Re: Resort Sixty Six

Resort 66 is a good resort. Nice pool area and right on the beach. The resort is attached to a 5 star restaurant. You can walk to Duffy's pub on about 58th and Gulf. South 4 blocks to Hurricane Hanks and Decoy Ducks. Then it is about a 16 block stumble stumble shuffle shuffle home.

Brandon, Florida
reviews: 1
2. Re: Resort Sixty Six

There's the free trolley to get around the island. Kissimmee will be about a 2.5 to 3 hour drive depending on how long it takes you to get out to the highway from Holmes Beach and your actual destination in K.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 5
3. Re: Resort Sixty Six

You don´t need to walk to a restaurant :-)

Resort 66 is home of the Beach Bistro :-)))

No, you don´t want to eat there every night I guess...

As Funandmore said, there are several Restaurants within walking distance...

Duffy´s, Giorgios (italian...), Hurricane Hanks. But I would say it is a bit more than 4 Blocks tho!! ;-))

But as Chuts said, there is a free trolley running and this serves the island until 10 pm on weekdays and 11 on weekends...

Hudson Valley,NY
reviews: 5
4. Re: Resort Sixty Six

As mentioned in another post regarding water clarity - it really depends on the weather. If it's stormy or windy, the surf will be rough & the sand gets disturbed, resulting in cloudy water. When the weather is calm, the water is clear, but don't get the impression that it's like the caribbean, it's not. As for snorkling, don't bother. There is no coral, just sand. You may see a few stingrays & some small baitfish but it will basically be pretty boring. Enjoy your trip.

5. Re: Resort Sixty Six

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, September 01, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Holmes Beach