We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our AMI visit 11/21-11/28

Which Holmes Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 12
Our AMI visit 11/21-11/28

Eight of us (5 adults and 3 children) boarded our SW flight to Tampa and were surprised when Franco Harris, former Steeler and Hall of Famer, was part of the manifest. We flew out of Pittsburgh so he was recognized immediately; he even took time to let us take his picture with our grandkids when we landed. I was given a free upgrade to a convertible at Dollar Rent-a Car and we were off. Our daughter, her husband and kids left first and we got a call they couldn't find our house rental. We gave them the directions we recieved (4003 4th Ave Holmes Beach). We pulled in and they were just in front of us, so, we officially arrived. I liked everything about the house except the location. We had to cross Gulf Drive, which most know, can get busy. We rented it from Coast 2 Coast Vacation Rentals (I let our daughter pick the house) and, we began to unpack. We noticed there were only 8 towels and only a few washcloths and handtowels for 8 of us. Coast 2 Coast stepped up bigtime as they delivered 8 brand new sets the following day, replaced the faulty modem with a new one, and reset the breaker on the garbage disposal. I had requested the pool be heated before our arrival and, it was. The house, named Villa Sorrento, had 4 bedrooms, each with a bathroom, tv, and dvd player. The kitchen was nice and all the amenities worked. The washer and dryer helped with dirty and wet clothes. Our son and son-in-law braved the ocean temps but it was too cold for me; I think the water temps were around 75*. We went to Publix for some food and ate at Jamrocks, the Sunhouse, Rotten Ralphs, Cafe at the Beach, Seafood Shack, Leroy Selmons (down Cortez Road) and had our turkey dinner ordered at Publix which we found to be quite good. We had our family pics done by Billi up from the Sandbar (Elm Street) on the 23rd. The weather was fine, except on Wed it rained, but, 6 out of 7 is a bonus. The kids and their parents went to the Mote Aquarium and enjoyed it. Never made it parasailing as we were just too laid back and just wanted to relax which we all needed and were able to do. We left early Saturday morning and everybody was bummed we had to leave. Our return flight was on time and uneventful.............

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 29
1. Re: Our AMI visit 11/21-11/28

Thanks for the great trip report. Sounds like all in all everything was good, and you enjoyed yourselves. Sure we'll see you again!

anna Maria island
2. Re: Our AMI visit 11/21-11/28

Was that your first time on the Island? Will you come back?

Do you have some pictures you can share?

reviews: 12
3. Re: Our AMI visit 11/21-11/28

No, not our 1st time, my wife and I were there in May and liked it so much we brought our son, our daughter and her husband, and 3 grandkids. Our other son and his family had work commitments so we owe them a trip. If they want to see AMI we'll take them. If you PM me with your e-mail address I'll send you a few pics.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 42
4. Re: Our AMI visit 11/21-11/28

Superdan, I cant believe your vacation is already over, they go so fast. It sounds like you guys had a great trip. It was storming the night before Thanksgiving and I thought about you and Sally. Of course I love a good storm on the island. Thanks so much for sharing and I have a feeling you will be back again.

5. Re: Our AMI visit 11/21-11/28

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, May 30, 2010