We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holmes beach vs. Bradenton beach

Which Holmes Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
179 posts
8 reviews
Holmes beach vs. Bradenton beach

What is the difference?

Does the trolley run to both beaches?

Thinking of staying at the Bamboo resort club on Bradenton beach- any info compared to staying at Harrington B and B.

Thanks so much

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Holmes beach vs. Bradenton beach

Anna maria Island has three towns. Anna Maria, Holmes Beach, Bradenton Beach. The trolley runs the full length of the island--7 miles. Holmes Beach is a bit more residential, not as much walkable as Bradenton Beach, which tends to be a bit livelier. I would enjoy either place!

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
179 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Holmes beach vs. Bradenton beach

Thanks so much for your reply!!

Have you heard anything about Club Bamboo? I read the reviews, but there are just a few and they sound OK. Just wondering if the location is good as well as the quality of the rooms : )

How about the Harrington B and B?

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Holmes beach vs. Bradenton beach

Rustykat had a look at the Bamboo after the big renovations and she liked it. I will have a look in a few days when I´m there.

So the Bamboo seems to be really good.

The Harrington House is one of the best locations for weddings and it is really really nice decorated and the settings are gorgeous.

But the price would be a huge difference, isn´t it?

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
179 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Holmes beach vs. Bradenton beach

Thanks for the info.

The prices are pretty close, you just get a lot more room at Club Bamboo. Where as Harrington House would just be a small room in the house.

Thanks again!

5. Re: Holmes beach vs. Bradenton beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:33 am, December 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Holmes Beach