We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Westin worth the money?

Which Hollywood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 45
Is the Westin worth the money?

Hello,

We are planning a trip to the Westin diplomat resort over new years (December 29-January 2). The nightly rate is $450 with tax, we are willing to spend the money but we were wondering if there is a better option out there? We would like a resort on the beach! (we have 2 adults, and an 18 year old and a 16 year old) Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
reviews: 19
1. Re: Is the Westin worth the money?

I realize that this is high season in South Florida, but I think you can find a better price on Priceline. Research this carefully before forking over $450.

This is a fabulous hotel. Have stayed there 2-3 times and have never paid more than $250.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
reviews: 8
2. Re: Is the Westin worth the money?

I think the Diplomat is fabulous but is there a reason why you want to be there? The reason I'm asking is that with an 18 and 16 year old, you might want to think of Fort Lauderdale beach hotels. While they are across the street from the beach, there's just so much to do there. The Diplomat is rather isolated and the Broadwalk is about a mile north.

Check out the Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach, the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach, The W, The Ritz Carlton or even Harbor Beach Marriott (although this hotel is further from the "action", it's still a closer walk to restaurants, etc., than the Diplomat).

3. Re: Is the Westin worth the money?

I just booked there yesterday on Southwest.com for 30 September to 4 October, we got a Deluxe room (balcony but no ocean view), with flights for 2 people from DC, for just under $1100. We used the code RENEWAL120, which gave us a free night and a $200 resort credit when we booked through the vacations section of Southwest. There is also a really good deal (it came out to less than $800 for 2 ppl with flights for the same days) at the Sheraton in Fort Lauderdale using CONNECT120, I think, with a smaller resort credit. Worth a shot to see if the codes are good for your days!

4. Re: Is the Westin worth the money?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:45 pm, October 24, 2013

New Braunfels, Texas
reviews: 77
5. Re: Is the Westin worth the money?

I don't know why you would spend the money unless you have it to burn .. Lots if great places to stay ... FRACTION of the money ... Hey .. It's your money your spending ....

Reply to: Is the Westin worth the money?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted