We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a rental car?

Which Hollywood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
harrisburg pa
Do I need a rental car?

I'll be visiting Hollywood Fl for vacation. Do I really need a rental car for the full week?

I plan on just hanging on the beach and around town except for a day trip to the Keys one day.

So, Could I just rent the car for 1 day?

How much does a taxi cost to get from Ft Lauderdale Airport to Hollywood beach area?

Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 125
1. Re: Do I need a rental car?

www.visithollywoodfl.org/getting_here.aspx

see the above link for transport info, Hollywood has a "Trolley" you can ride.

Plantation, Florida
2. Re: Do I need a rental car?

-Average for a rental car this time of the year (economy-compact) it is around 12-18 a day, Avoid at all cost Payless at the FLL terminal, customer service is really bad and also they overcharge everything. I never had a problem with Advantage and Budget.

- Taxi ride should be around 20 - 25. It is a really short trip but taking the taxi from the airport its expensive.

Good luck.

Staten Island, New...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Do I need a rental car?

I would estimate $40.00 +/-. Local bus service is fair at best, sometimes waiting time may be longer than expected or posted.

New Jersey
reviews: 1
4. Re: Do I need a rental car?

If you don't mind walking, you probably won't need a car. There are many good restaurants along the Broadwalk and you can also get around using the trolley, which goes from one end of the Broadwalk to the other and also goes into downtown Hollywood.

5. Re: Do I need a rental car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 01, 2014