We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hollywood beach hotels

Which Hollywood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nj
reviews: 40
hollywood beach hotels

Hoping to get some feedback as I dont know much about this destination. I will be taking my 3 kids on a spring break getaway and am looking for an affordable hotel in the hollywood beach area. I came across the Hollywood Beach Hotels. It seems to have what i am looking for, pool, close proximity to beach and within walking distance to places to eat and affordable rates.

Dont need the ritz on this trip as it is just me and my kids bit i do want a decent location as my husband wont be with us. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 78
21. Re: hollywood beach hotels

From a tourist's point of view I would pick Sawgrass Recreation Park over Everglades Holiday Park. The reasons for this are:- the airboat rides at Everglades Holiday Park are covered by a canopy and IMO are not as exciting as the rides at Sawgrass, Everglades has an alligator show which gets a big yawn from me ( I suppose if you've never seen one before you might enjoy it), Sawgrass has a small animal sanctuary, some animals are rescued animals which couldn't survive in the wild, the staff there seem to care about the creatures they look after. I know they are both commercial enterprises but that's my opinion. I hope you enjoy your stay in Hollywood Beach, it's a place I love to visit but have never stayed in. Take a look at the Great Locations guide which will be in the free literature stand at your hotel there are discount coupons for both attrations inside.

Nj
22. Re: hollywood beach hotels

Thanks for all the great imformatiom....leaning towards sawgrass, all of you sold me.on it...cant wait to get down there!

Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 125
23. Re: hollywood beach hotels

The hike at Anhinga Trail is a long a paved path or boardwalk, you can get VERY close(inches) away from the gators, just dont try and grab one by the tail or anything.

The weather's been absolutely gorgeous, hurry up before it gets too hot, lol...

nj
reviews: 17
24. Re: hollywood beach hotels

objets,

Where did you find those killer tropical shakes near the Everglades National Park? Are you referring to Robert's? Thanks.

Nj
25. Re: hollywood beach hotels

Omg, i cant wait to get there, especially.since its been snowing here since 1 this afternoon...thankfully not sticking to the roads, i need warm weather.... inches away from a gator...SCAR

Had to reread your post, thought it said killer snakes, lol....and i would love to know where that is as well.

Lauara, did it snow by you.all day? I am in northern nj, bergen county, right by the city

Edited: 10:40 pm, March 16, 2013
nj
reviews: 17
26. Re: hollywood beach hotels

It's not scary to be inches away from the alligators. They won't bother you if you don't try to touch them. It snowed for a few hours yesterday but it's freezing here - in the 30's and windy. How lucky you are to visit Florida now.

Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 125
27. Re: hollywood beach hotels

Lauara, yes it's Robert is here

http://www.robertishere.com/ we cant pass the place without stopping for a shake.

FYI I did my time in Bergen County as a kid. Speaking of kids mine would like you guys to send them snow, we only get to visit it, and last time we were there there wasnt any...

as for the gators, lauara is correct, though the hair on the back of your neck might stand up a bit you can get VERY close, just dont get stupid and try and grab the tail or something...

San Francisco...
reviews: 21
28. Re: hollywood beach hotels

I might be in the same boat. Booked the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa on Priceline. here's what the reservation said:

Westin Diplomat Resort And Spa

3555 South Ocean Drive

Hollywood, FL 33019

This is cut-and-pasted from my email confirmation, and I used Priceline's Name Your Own Price. Hopefully I don't get stuffed into the golf resort.

By the way, if you want to see PL wins, this is a good resource: hoteldealsrevealed.com/forum/viewtopic.php…

Paid about $110 per night, spring break.

San Francisco...
reviews: 21
29. Re: hollywood beach hotels

Update: There was some confusion about Westin Dipmomat Resort and Spa vs. Westin Diplomat Golf Resort. Just want to confirm that I did get the Westin Diplomat and in fact I am here right now. Paid $110/night from PL and used HotelDealsRevealed.com to help identify this hotel before bidding.

This place is absolutely gorgeous.

I asked the check-in clerk for an upgrade. It was $40 per night but the room is magnificent and well worth it.

Nj
30. Re: hollywood beach hotels

Thats awesome Tom, i keep bidding, but i think the problem is thatall the 4*properties are soldout