We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hollywood beach hotels

Which Hollywood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nj
reviews: 40
hollywood beach hotels

Hoping to get some feedback as I dont know much about this destination. I will be taking my 3 kids on a spring break getaway and am looking for an affordable hotel in the hollywood beach area. I came across the Hollywood Beach Hotels. It seems to have what i am looking for, pool, close proximity to beach and within walking distance to places to eat and affordable rates.

Dont need the ritz on this trip as it is just me and my kids bit i do want a decent location as my husband wont be with us. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

nj
reviews: 17
1. Re: hollywood beach hotels

You might want to consider bidding on Priceline for a 4 star or resort hotel in Hollywood. You might get Crown Plaza or Westin Diplomat, both great hotels.

Nj
2. Re: hollywood beach hotels

I have been trying that, but no such luck. Crowne Plaza was not available even through regular bookings, but tonight I saw it suddenly available. Gonna try again as it gets closer. I do have a hotel on hold already, hollywood beach towers, because it was one of the few available that week, but I am nervous about it. It gets very mixed reviews. We don't need many amenities because its just me and my kids, but I do want good location, safe location, a pool and close to beach.

On crowne plaza website it says it is on the intercoastal waterway....it is still close to the beach, correct. Thanks for the help!

nj
3. Re: hollywood beach hotels

Crown Plaza is across the street from the beach. You can also take a trolley (for $1) to the broadwalk, which has many shops and restaurants If you won't have a car on your visit, Crown Plaza has restaurants within walking distance, such as Panera Bread, Subway and Boston Market.

Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 111
4. Re: hollywood beach hotels

lauara beat me to it, but yes the Crown Plaza is basically just across the street from the beach. The Hollywood Beach towers are obviously on the beach just a bit to the north of where the Crown Plaza is located.

Both properties are located in the south section of Hollywood beach, though not as fancy, trendy etc. as Ft Lauderdale Beach, its an excellent area, tends to draw a bit of an older crowd and may be a bit too quiet for some travelers. There is an excellent protected boardwark as lauara eludes to, you can bike(rentals are available) roller blade or stroll for just over two miles right along the ocean.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 1
5. Re: hollywood beach hotels

We booked the Westin diplomat. Looks great. Got it on Priceline, so we're taking the chance that we won't get 2 queen beds. But it was cheap. $80/night or something like that.

nj
6. Re: hollywood beach hotels

That's a great rate for a beautiful resort. You can ask for your choice of beds when you check in and they might be able to accommodate you if they have it available.

Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 111
7. Re: hollywood beach hotels

call ahead and request the two beds, dont wait til you get there. Many hotels will accept the request in advance of your stay.

Nj
8. Re: hollywood beach hotels

That is an awesome rate for the westin, i have been bidding up to $150 a night over the past week and still havent gotten it accepted.

I am okay with the hollywood beach towers, obviously i would prefer a nicer resort, but being alone with my kids the location was a big deal. I will continue to bid on the 4 star hotels over the mext 3 weeks in hopes of getting it accepted!

I did just bid on a rental car for a day and got that accepted. I want to take the kids to the everglades. I have been looking at Everglades HolidayPark because of the gator boys, but again, that gets mixed reviews. Any opinions on which place would be the best to experience a bit of the everglades?

thanks for all your help.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
9. Re: hollywood beach hotels

Are you sure you got the Westin Diplomat on Priceline? - most people who win that bid actually got the Diplomat Golf Resort , a smaller hotel across the bridge not on the beach ( they have shuttle running between the two hotels) and are very upset when they arrive to find it is not the same hotel they were expecting a sthe names are so similar. You might want to check and see- if you did get the Westin, good for you! I'll be curious to find out!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
10. Re: hollywood beach hotels

Here is a post that though somewhat outdated , explains the situation

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34296-i612-k39642…

I just want to be sure you have accurate information- the Golf Resort is nice for what it is, but not really geared toward family travel. So I hope you got the bigger beachfront one.