We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tri-Rail: MIA to Hollywood

Which Hollywood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 7
Tri-Rail: MIA to Hollywood

It looks like a good option. Is it a good way to get from Miami Airport to Hollywood??

Tampa, Florida
1. Re: Tri-Rail: MIA to Hollywood

Probably the cheapest except for renting a car. Remember to factor in the cost of a taxi at the Hollywood end. And as long as you can easily carry your luggage.

Hamilton, Canada
2. Re: Tri-Rail: MIA to Hollywood

Actually I noticed the train station isn't too far from one of the the trolley stops. I think I'll walk to the trolley....$1 sounds good to me :)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
3. Re: Tri-Rail: MIA to Hollywood

I'm not sure but I suspect the trolley is not set up to accomodate luggage unless it is a very small piece. At least the trolleys I have seen locally would not with the seating arrangements I have seen and the driver may not permit luggage aboard. Not sure, so I'll see if I can find out.

Hamilton, Canada
4. Re: Tri-Rail: MIA to Hollywood

Thanks. I hadn't thought of that. I don't expect to have too much luggage. Maybe one large-ish suitcase, but good to know ahead of time.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
5. Re: Tri-Rail: MIA to Hollywood

Well, thyey have responded that you can bring luggage but they want me to tell you that the trolley does not come close to the Hollywood Tri Rail Station and in looking at the map I see, I would have to agree...I'm not all that familiar with that area , but it looks too far away to me. Where were you planning to get on the trolley? I'll try to Google map the distance.

Hamilton, Canada
6. Re: Tri-Rail: MIA to Hollywood

I figured about a 30 minute walk from the Tri-Rail station to the stop on 20th Ave. I would take a taxi but I have an 18 month old and we aren't bringing a car seat. I was trying to avoid a taxi for that reason. I guess I could catch a city bus?

Thanks for your help with this :) It seems like it's really easy to get around Hollywood without a car so I don't want to bring a car seat for a 10 minute ride. My mistake was not flying into Fort Lauderdale!

Edited: 1:59 pm, February 20, 2013
Hamilton, Canada
7. Re: Tri-Rail: MIA to Hollywood

Just an update...we did it! Took the Tri-rail from the Miami Airport to Hollywood. Walked about 30 minutes to the trolley stop and it actually worked out perfectly cause it got my 18 month old to take a nap during the walk!

All 3 of us to go the hotel for under $10!

8. Re: Tri-Rail: MIA to Hollywood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 09, 2014