We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowne Plaza - good location?

Which Hollywood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chigwell, United...
Crowne Plaza - good location?

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I are thinking of visiting Hollywood Beach for approx. 6 nights in April. I’m able to get good rates on the Crowne Plaza so initially we were thinking of staying there. However, I’ve had a bit more of a look at things and I’m not convinced by it’s location. We’ve not been to Florida before but Hollywood Beach jumped out at us as we wanted a quieter trip in the sunshine with good places to eat and shop.

We don’t drive so location is really important to us. Would anyone be able to recommend somewhere closer or advise if the Crowne Plaza is in a good spot or not? As mentioned, we are looking for a nice quiet trip to spend time on the beach and generally take it easy.

Any help would be REALLY appreciated! Thanks!

nj
reviews: 17
1. Re: Crowne Plaza - good location?

Crown Plaza, in my opinion, is a great location. It has a large heated pool on the intercoastal waterway and is across the street from Hallandale Beach. It's also about a 30 minute walk north to Hollywood's broadwalk. Crown Plaza is also one of the stops on the water ferry, which goes to Fort Lauderdale. There is also a tram that stops there that goes to the broadwalk for $1.

There's also many restaurants that are walking distance, from Padrino's one block away (Cuban), and a Starbucks and Panera Bread two blocks away.

2. Re: Crowne Plaza - good location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 13, 2014