We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Hollywood to port Everglades

Which Hollywood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Marriott Hollywood to port Everglades

We are staying at the Marriott Hollywood beach pre cruise and was wondering how far it is to the port everglades pier .How much would a taxi be? Also, travelling with kids and 60+ parents. Are there any kid friendly restaurants within walking distance?

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 10
1. Re: Marriott Hollywood to port Everglades

There really isn't any kid friendly restaurants in walking distance. I would suggest having pizza delivered. Also if you buy a Marriott gift card through their current promotion: http://is.gd/marriottdiscount , you can use it for 10% off your room rate or 10% off at the restaurant located in the Marriott.

It's about 8 miles to port everglades from the Marriott

ontario
2. Re: Marriott Hollywood to port Everglades

Thanks for the tip for the 10% off and pizza.

I am trying to decide between a taxi(probably 2) or a shuttle service. Just trying to see the price difference. I can get a shuttle for $54 I think.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
reviews: 29
3. Re: Marriott Hollywood to port Everglades

I have to disagree with the previous answer- the Hollywood Beach Marriot is located near tons of restaurants that would be fine for kids. No, they are not "Disney" kid friendly, but family oriented casual places for pizza, sandwiches, mexican, seafood, breakfast etc. Easy walking distance (most are located south of the hotel- face the beach and turn right)

A estimate a cab would be about $30 to the Port. I am sure the Marriott concierge can help you with a more accurate price.

ontario
4. Re: Marriott Hollywood to port Everglades

We now have rented a car. So we can extend our Options. Any good suggestions? I have heard grandpa's in Dania beach is good for breakfast?

Staten Island, New...
reviews: 8
5. Re: Marriott Hollywood to port Everglades

http://www.giorgiosbakery.com/about.php

----------------------------------------

Outstanding breakfast place - dine inside or outside - pick up some "goodies" from the bakery.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
reviews: 8
6. Re: Marriott Hollywood to port Everglades

Grampa's is a staple in Dania Beach - has been there for years and has the most delicious baked goods!

I also disagree with traveling-al - there are many kid-friendly restaurants within walking distance of the Marriott. You just need to step outside the hotel and walk the Broadwalk either north or south and you'll find many options. As well, Flicker Light is just a little bit south of the hotel on A1A - Chicago style pizza and other good fare.

You can also take either the Hollywood Trolley to head to downtown Hollywood (Lola's on Harrison, Sage, Fulvio's) or the water taxi and head to Fort Lauderdale where you'll find a plethora of options as well....

7. Re: Marriott Hollywood to port Everglades

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 16, 2014