We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car for a day

Which Hollywood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aurora, Colorado
reviews: 18
Rental car for a day

Headed to Hollywood later this week for the first time. Sure looks like we'll get around just fine with the boardwalk just outside our door, and the water taxi and trolley nearby. However, we'd like to head to the Everglades for a day and need a car for that. Are there rental companies nearby to rent a car for the day? Or are there companies that will deliver a car to us?

Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 7
1. Re: Rental car for a day

I'm wondering the same thing...anyone out there have any ideas??

springfield...
reviews: 61
2. Re: Rental car for a day

A 3rd person wondering! Any advice?

Albany, NY
reviews: 5
3. Re: Rental car for a day

I'm in Hollywood now, and it is really only 15 minutes from the Fort Lauderdale Airport. I would think it would be easy to take a taxi to the airport and rent a car from there.

Albany, NY
reviews: 5
4. Re: Rental car for a day

I'm in Hollywood now, and it is really only 15 minutes from the Fort Lauderdale Airport. I would think it would be easy to take a taxi to the airport and rent a car from there.

Madrid, Spain
5. Re: Rental car for a day

hertz is on the beach. near the westin, south ocean drive. also enterprise are in the area and they will pick you up

West Des Moines...
reviews: 10
6. Re: Rental car for a day

I've found it much less expensive to rent from someplace NOT on the airport property!

Hollywood, Florida
7. Re: Rental car for a day

There's also an Avis & Budget location with very low rates, they pick you up and are open on Sundays for Avis call them at 954-986-6647 for Budget Call them at 954-894-5622.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
reviews: 9
8. Re: Rental car for a day

Enterprise will deliver a car to you - that's always been their "schtick". That said, Hertz does have an office at the Diplomat (it's actually across the street in the Diplomat Landing area) and while Hertz may be a little more expensive, I think you can probably negotiate with them for a day rate.

I would caution you to think twice about renting from some of the "non-brand" rental companies. There have been horror stories posted here on what can happen when you rent from the "other guy"....... Do yourself a favor. Spend a little bit more and have the reliability and reputation of the larger company in your back pocket !

9. Re: Rental car for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 04, 2014