We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Wave Condos, 2501 Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach

Which Hollywood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
The Wave Condos, 2501 Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach

We are looking for a one-bedroom, ocean view with balcony, right on the beach.

We have a studio lined up at The Wave, which is supposedly right on the beach - can anyone share some information on this complex? Or perhaps you know of others?

12 replies to this topic
Staten Island, New...
reviews: 8
1. Re: The Wave Condos, 2501 Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach

www.endless-vacation-rentals.com/main.taf…

Kalaheo, Hawaii
reviews: 1
2. Re: The Wave Condos, 2501 Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach

The Wave is an excellent condo, just make sure you understand the plan if you are renting for less than a month.

New Jersey
reviews: 34
3. Re: The Wave Condos, 2501 Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach

The "plan" ... what does that mean?

Hamilton, Ontario
reviews: 9
4. Re: The Wave Condos, 2501 Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach

Did you ever get an answer as to what the plan meant? We are thinking of staying at The Tides next year. Heard anything about this one?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
5. Re: The Wave Condos, 2501 Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach

I suspect renting for less than a month is illegal in the condo documents, so those doing that have to engage in a 'plan" of lying, pretending to be relatives of the condo owner 'just down for a visit.". That happens in some condos down here and if that is the case, I personally would feel very uncomfortable renting such a place , knowing the neighbors could demand to have me evicted at any time. Just a hunch- but most condos here have a minimum legal rental of either one month or only one renter allowed each year- anything else is very rare here though there are a handful of buildings that allow weekly rentals.I don't know if that building is one of them.. You would be well advised to get to the bottom of it before renting- such as by telling the landlord you'll call the condo office before giving a deposit to ask if you are making a legal deal- the landlord may beg you not to contact them. Then you'll know they are trying to sneak you in illegally.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
6. Re: The Wave Condos, 2501 Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach

I just checked a few websites and I believe the minimum LEGAL rental allowed at the Wave is 90 days....

New Jersey
7. Re: The Wave Condos, 2501 Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach

No, I never received an explanation. While searching for places to stay, I had come across two awesome units in that complex but after reading that there is a 30 day min. rental, and the owners were located in Europe, I decided it wasn't worth chancing an eviction or any of hassles for that matter. We ended up staying at the Sea Downs and Bougainvillea which is right on the Hollywood Broadwalk.

New Jersey
8. Re: The Wave Condos, 2501 Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach

BTW, we too, considered staying at the Tides but we were really happy we didn't when we saw it - it looked a bit run down and we didn't see anyone there the entire length of our trip. If you can do without the beachfront pool, I would suggest staying next door at Sea Downs.

Buffalo Grove...
9. Re: The Wave Condos, 2501 Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach

Hi, I was just wondering if you stayed at the wave condos? My in-laws are thinking of renting there next winter for a couple of months and are interested in your experience.

Mihami
reviews: 7
10. Re: The Wave Condos, 2501 Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach

the Wave is great, but...any rentals LESS THAN 60 days ARE AGAINST THE CONDO DOCUMENTS and you could be asked to leave or not allowed in.

Also important to note: The pool deck will be undergoing a major renovation in the near future...with no established date yet. It could be closed anytime for 6months to a year after you arrive and the noise & dirt from the machinery will probably be horrible!

Also, what used to be a beautiful pool deck is now ugly as all greenery has been removed.

Reply to: The Wave Condos, 2501 Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted