We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida hotel

Which Gainesville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwood nc
1 post
Florida hotel

I will be traveling from Jacksonville fl to gainesville and I need a hotel to overnight for a short stay What hotel do I need to look for?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
7,375 posts
1. Re: Florida hotel

Depends on your budget. Do you want a Motel 6 level or a Hyatt level?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
Level Contributor
11,164 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Florida hotel

"What hotel do I need to look for?"

What kind of hotel are you looking for?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
11,003 posts
90 reviews
3. Re: Florida hotel

If you click on Gainsville Hotels on the left column you will find a list of hotels and reviews for them. As asked you need to let us know what type you are looking for. Low end hotels like Motel 6 and Super 8 will be the cheapest but are usually not the cleanest or in the nicer areas. Anything in the Marriott chain will be more expensive but very nice. In between is the Best Westerns, Quality Suites, Comfort Inns. Hilton being on the high end of all of them. Some will have free breakfast but read the fine print as free breaksfast is not always a hot breakfast. Cheaper hotels only serve cold cereal and stale bagels. Others will have waffles, some eggs & bacon or sausage. Price makes a huge difference on what you are supposedly getting for free.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
34,425 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Florida hotel

And rates and vacancies may be greatly affected if there is a major athletic( especially football) or other special event happening at University of Florida for your dates. The hotels fill up fast at those times and rates are very high then. Maybe you can be specific about which dates?

Edited: 10:48 pm, November 14, 2012
5. Re: Florida hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, January 06, 2014