We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gainesville restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

Which Gainesville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Mill, SC
reviews: 41
Gainesville restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

We are visiting Gainesville, Fl for Thanksgiving and would like to have Thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant. Can anyone suggest some good choices please?

6 replies to this topic
1. Re: Gainesville restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

Just did some research found a couple of good places for you. There's the Hilton off of 34th St. that has Albert's resturant inside, they are offering a buffet with a large selection and carving station for I think $27 a person. Then there's the Paramount Grill but they are expensive. $50 a person and it's a set menu with 3 courses. Lastly Haile Plantation Bistro which is $29 a person and having a traditional Thanksgiving food buffet style, the menu sounded really good, they are only having 1 seating though at 2:00. Of course you also have your chain resturants which are mostly on Archer Rd. If you want something less traditional the Dragonfly is a really popular restaurant here downtown. I'm sure some of the other hotels are offering something but these were the 3 I was able to find. Hope this helps enjoy your stay in Gainesville.

Gainesville, Florida
2. Re: Gainesville restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

I seen the replies. All those places are a little pricey. Is the olive garden open? Not looking for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Just want to eat somewhere nice. No fast food.

Gainesville, Florida
3. Re: Gainesville restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

I seen the replies. All those places are a little pricey. Is the olive garden open? Not looking for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Just want to eat somewhere nice. No fast food.

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 10
4. Re: Gainesville restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

Cracker Barrel is open. (Olive Garden will be closed)

Gainesville, Florida
5. Re: Gainesville restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

Olive Garden is closed.

Florida
6. Re: Gainesville restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner

For 2013, The Yearling is closed on the holiday (Southeast of Gainesville). In town, Ruby Tuesday's is open. In High Springs, The Great Outdoors was excellent in 2012.

Reply to: Gainesville restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted