We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to grad school in Gainesville, FL

Which Gainesville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield...
Moving to grad school in Gainesville, FL

I'm moving to Gainesville, FL next year for school and have a 6 year old. There is always that one part of town considered the "ghetto", what part of town is that in Gainesville?

Seems to be a number of airports in FL, what is the cheapest one out to Philly/NJ area? It seems like Orlando to me, or am overlooking one?

There looks to be 3 Walmarts, are all three super centers? Which one is the most customer friendly?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 82
1. Re: Moving to grad school in Gainesville, FL

You may want to post these questions on the off topic forum as this section is for travel only. There are some nice communites on the west side of Gainsville you may want to look into. There is probably a local paper the college kids use that will have some info there. Also contact the Chamber of Commerce and they should send you a welcome package.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 82
2. Re: Moving to grad school in Gainesville, FL

I meant to say the relocation questions should be on the off topic. I'm sure someone will answer your flight questions. Orlando or Jacksonville are your closest major airports. I would look at Air Tran and Jet Blue if they fly out of where you are. They are usually cheaper than the major airlines.

3. Re: Moving to grad school in Gainesville, FL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 03, 2013