We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gainesville apartments

Which Gainesville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Gainesville apartments

I am going to be going to school at the University of Florida in 2011. I wanted to know if anyone could recommend some of the best Gainesville apartments to help me out. Lots of choices! I am looking to live with a roommate in a 2bdrm most likely . . I would like an apartment in Gainesville near the University of Florida.

I have been looking on www.collegerentals.com, which seems to have the best options for student apartments.

thanks in advance!

3 replies to this topic
Gainesville, Florida
reviews: 29
1. Re: Gainesville apartments

Hard to recommend specific complexes without knowing what lifestyle you're looking for. Generally speaking, those located immediately north (University Ave to NW 5th Ave between NW 13th St and NW 22nd St) and east (University Ave to SW 8th Ave between NW 6th St and NW 13th St) are more urban in character - higher density, tighter parking, fewer amenities, but easily walkable to campus and to downtown/midtown. Anything south of Archer Road or west of SW 34th Street will be more vehicle-oriented meaning you won't, realistically, be walking anywhere. Most areas with a high concentration of student apartments are well-served by RTS, which you can ride free with your Gator 1 card.

Kissimmee, Florida
reviews: 7
2. Re: Gainesville apartments

Our daughter lived in Melrose Place her first year there (off of 64th, over off 34th Ave.) We liked the complex (gated entry, key card doors), rooms were rented out sort of like dorms (indiv. leases), she had 2 other apt. mates, but each had their own bedroom, bathroom. Their apt. had nice kitchen, balcony, and washer and dryer. There was a pool, gym and a lot of activities. Good for the first time student. Unfortunately, everyone in that area (lots of apts. there) had to ride the same bus, so she had a tough time some mornings.

Her second year we ended up purchasing a place in Treehouse Village, on the SE side. They also rent apts. This was much quieter, very nice, she had 2 bedroom, each person had their own bath, w/d in apt., lots of trees. And she biked up to campus. They also have a gym and pool. She preferred the quieter side, so it really depends on what you are looking for.

High Springs...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Gainesville apartments

Do not even consider Paddock Club Apartments. They will show off their ammenities and tour you through new bigger apartments and then after you put your reservation money down they take you to dirty very different appartment. Then when you refuse it, they will not return any funds paid out to reserve. My wife experienced this firsthand. Good luck otherwise.

Reply to: Gainesville apartments
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted