We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels on okaloosa island

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hotels on okaloosa island

Could anyone gIve me a little info about the hotels on Okaloosa Island please. We will only be there a couple of days so we are not wanting to rent a condo. We have looked at Hampton Inn. Just little unsure. Thanks in advance.

9 replies to this topic
Woodbury, Minnesota
reviews: 6
1. Re: hotels on okaloosa island

Before we bought our condo, and we came down looking for one, we stayed at both the Holiday Inn (it is now a Wyndham) and the Best Western. We prefered the Best Western, very friendly staff, and breakfast is included. There is also a Hampton Inn, Ramada Inn and a Sheraton, have not stayed in any of those.

Killingworth...
reviews: 109
2. Re: hotels on okaloosa island

I think the Ramada is the most "resort-like" of all the hotels. There is a big pool with a waterfall and a little kid's area. There is also a bar near the pool. As far as location, it is also super close to the Gulfarium and the Boardwalk where there are restaurants. The Best Western is basic and it doesn't look like any of the rooms are gulf front. I don't know about the others.

Woodbury, Minnesota
3. Re: hotels on okaloosa island

The best western does have gulf front rooms. There is a tiki bar set up by the pool. You are right a bit more basic, if budget is an issue.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 90
4. Re: hotels on okaloosa island

ttrixielou, what happened with the new gulf-front Holiday Inn that was supposed to be built? Did that not happen?

5. Re: hotels on okaloosa island

Thank Yall

Tennessee
reviews: 4
6. Re: hotels on okaloosa island

The new Holiday Inn is in the process of being built down next to The Gulfarium.

Woodbury, Minnesota
7. Re: hotels on okaloosa island

We walked down and looked at the construction site, the shell of the building is up. Says summer of 2014. Looks big. The old holiday inn is now a Wydham, and they are building a small 4 story hotel between Island Princess and Surf Dunes. It is a Fairfield Inn, but not too far along yet.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 90
8. Re: hotels on okaloosa island

Thanks for the info, Scubagirl & ttrixielou, thought the HI was opening this year (must've dreamt it).

Woodbury, Minnesota
9. Re: hotels on okaloosa island

Nowhere near ready, just a concrete shell. I think there was a shut down, because of a construction sand issue.

Reply to: hotels on okaloosa island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach