We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet friendly ft. walton

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Pet friendly ft. walton

We are looking for a pet friendly condo for 6 people in ft. Walton beach for about 5 days starting june 12,14. Any suggestions? We could even use a 2 bedroom with a pullout. thanks :)

4 replies to this topic
Midwest
reviews: 33
1. Re: Pet friendly ft. walton

Most, but not all, condo owners rent Saturday-Saturday during the summer.

Midwest
reviews: 33
2. Re: Pet friendly ft. walton

I believe some of the SeaSpray units allow pets...& some Aqua Villa units, too...

When you look on vrbo.com, look for the paw prints.

Woodbury, Minnesota
reviews: 6
3. Re: Pet friendly ft. walton

I would start looking now, there are not that many pet friendly condos for rent, most condo associations allow owners to have pets, but not renters. Plus dogs are not allowed on the beach.

Fort Walton Beach...
reviews: 147
4. Re: Pet friendly ft. walton

I see you posted this back in Sept, so you may already have rented a place. June starts our busy tourist season, so the earlier you secure a place the better. Too many people travel with their pets nowadays, so I would feel sure that you should not have a huge problem getting a place. But I did want to add, if you are not from this area, those of us that have lived here most of our loves, feel like FWB and Destin are one. There seems to be so much more to do in the Destin area, as well as Restaurants are better, you could also search there for a place to stay. Outside of Trip Advisor, www.airbnb.com also has condo, apartments, homes for rent for days or weeks at a time. Often for lower prices than hotels. So good to check them out. I did see a web site called BringFido that might offer some suggestions

If you do find a place that is pet friendly, as someone else suggested, dogs are not allowed on the beaches here. In Destin, I do think that at Henderson Sate Park, you can walk your dogs on the trails ( but not the beach). There is a fee to get into the park, and the trail is not very long, but will allow your dog to experience the sandy soil of FL.

And since you asked this question, FWB has opened a dog park. It is located at Liza Jackson Park. It just opened about a month ago. It is on the water side of Hwy 98. Going away from Destin. It you park in a large parking lot to the right of the Red Lobster, the fenced in area is in the back. Even though it s not opened to the water, I did see someone throwing a ball into the water and her dog swimming out to get it, and no one was arresting her, so I guess that is okay right there.

Hope you and your dogs have a great time.

Reply to: Pet friendly ft. walton
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach