We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will the sand support a beach cart or is it too soft?

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte
Will the sand support a beach cart or is it too soft?

We have a rolling cart to carry beach chairs, cooler, etc. It has large wheels for sand, but I'm wondering if the sand at FWB is too soft for it to roll. (We've gotten used to the hard sand in Daytona lately, where anything will roll.) So, should we bring it or leave it at home? Once again, thanks, TripAdvisor community.

Midwest
reviews: 37
1. Re: Will the sand support a beach cart or is it too soft?

I've seen someone use a wheelchair, with big fat tires, designed for use in the sand....but didn't see if was easily maneuvered, or not. Sorry.

Please let us know what you decide, & how it works out for you....

Charlotte
2. Re: Will the sand support a beach cart or is it too soft?

Thanks for your response. We are at FWB now, and it turns out we use the stairs instead of the elevator to get to the beach, so a cart wouldn't work anyway. The sand is pretty soft, to the extent that our calf muscles are noticing it when we walk in it. I think the cart would bog down.

3. Re: Will the sand support a beach cart or is it too soft?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 17, 2014