We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Clarity

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, Ohio
reviews: 1
Water Clarity

How is it looking? I am coming down this weekend and have been watching these forums like crazy hoping for good news.

19 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
1. Re: Water Clarity

I am staying in watersedge in FWB and the beach is filled with seaweed. So much so the visibility is zero past upper ankle depth. Yesterday evening the seaweed was not as bad but the water was brown. Not murky but more of a stained brown because I could see my feet with the water past my hips. We drove to destin and as soon as we went over the bridge the water was perfectly clear and emerald...

texas
reviews: 21
2. Re: Water Clarity

We have driven to destin the last three days. The water in fort Walton in front of waters edge is gross. Been this way all week!!!

IL
3. Re: Water Clarity

I am thinking of driving to Destin too. We are here until next Tuesday at Destin West in FWB and the water has a lot of seaweed in it. How was the water at Destin today?

texas
reviews: 21
4. Re: Water Clarity

Beautiful! We went by the back porch and then today we went to Henderson beach. Henderson beach wasn't as crowded and was clear and beautiful!!!

Houston, Texas
5. Re: Water Clarity

On the positive side I noticed some emerald blue water patches before sunset so there is some hope for tomorrow !

IL
6. Re: Water Clarity

Great! Thanks! I will def need to make the trip!

7. Re: Water Clarity

has the water gotten any better

8. Re: Water Clarity

Is the water still brown at crab island?

Midwest
reviews: 32
9. Re: Water Clarity

Altho it is difficult to tell the water clarity, here's a live beach cam: http://www.hifwb.com/live-beach-cam.htm

covington,la
reviews: 22
10. Re: Water Clarity

Im really getting bummed. My condo is pre-paid through VRBO or I would cancel and move vacation to S. Walton.

Reply to: Water Clarity
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted