We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break Condo Recommendations

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, WI - USA
reviews: 1
Spring Break Condo Recommendations

Planning a last minute trip to the Panhandle for Easter break. Last year we stayed at the Azure on Okaloosa Island with another family and loved it. This year we want to try a new location that would be comparable to Azure/Okaloosa and looking for condo/location recommendations. We are a family of 7 - 2 adults late 30s and 5 kids ranging from 6-13. Need the convenience of being right on the beach and having a pool & hot tub. Would like to keep it under $2000 for week. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Woodbury, Minnesota
reviews: 6
1. Re: Spring Break Condo Recommendations

If you stayed at Azure, you would have seen Waterscape - very popular with families. Watersedge is also nice, along with Destin West. I would suggest you not spend too much time deciding. Our condo booked the most popular two weeks of spring break back in October.

Midwest
reviews: 36
2. Re: Spring Break Condo Recommendations

I agree with above post.

Not sure of rates, but also check out Belle Riva.

Connecticut
reviews: 115
3. Re: Spring Break Condo Recommendations

If you liked Azure, why don't you stay there again? I think it's one of the nicest. Are the rates higher than your budget? Bella Riva is also very nice, but at the opposite end of the boulevard and quite expensive. You'd probably like Waterscape. It's new but not many of the units have full views like Azure does. Many have side views.

Little Rock...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Spring Break Condo Recommendations

Summer Place is also a nice condo just west of Waterscape. It has 2 gulffront pools (1 heated) & hot tub. The 2 bedrooms also have a bunkroom. I have stayed there twice & really liked it.

It's also within walking distance to the pier.

Milwaukee, WI - USA
5. Re: Spring Break Condo Recommendations

Sorry, I should have clarified that we want to experience another beach and not just a another condo on Okaloosa. If we liked Okaloosa what other areas (other than Okaloosa) would be comparable where we could get a condo right on the beach with a pool and hot tub?

Woodbury, Minnesota
6. Re: Spring Break Condo Recommendations

You have to be clearer then that. If you post on Okaloosa forum you will get info on that area. Figure out where you want to go and post there.

Milwaukee, WI - USA
7. Re: Spring Break Condo Recommendations

If I knew where I wanted to go, I wouldn't be asking for advice. I am posting on this forum as I am hoping someone has experienced other locations they like that compare to Okaloosa. I have only been to the panhandle once and don't like repeating trips even if they are great. If anyone else has any recommendations, please let me know.

Midwest
reviews: 36
8. Re: Spring Break Condo Recommendations

We keep going back to Okaloosa, cause we love it so much. Have a few favorite things, but always feel like there are new restaurants & things to try. Always leave, wanting more :-)

Woodbury, Minnesota
9. Re: Spring Break Condo Recommendations

I think we all just misunderstood, and thought you wanted more condo ideas on the island. Lots of people enjoy Navarre - little more remote. Longer drive if you want to enjoy Destin. There is Panama City - we drove there last year for the first time to look around. Not for us - but again people like it. The 30A area is popular. If we did not own our condo, we might try staying along there too. If you want an area outside of the Panhandle, try Siesta Key - when we were looking for an area to buy our condo we looked there. Liked it a lot. Beautiful sand too. Or Sanibel Island, great shelling and good atmosphere.

Kuttawa, Ky
10. Re: Spring Break Condo Recommendations

Nikola,

We rotate vacations too. We stay from Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Pensacola Beach, Fort Walton, Destin and Panama City Beach. Go twice a year. This year it's Fort Walton and Orange Beach. All areas are great for beach time. If you want something different, try Calypso at Panama City Beach. Right across from Pier Park with lots of things to do. If you want Pensacola Beach, try Beach Club. It's just across the street from a shopping area with lots of great restaurants. If you want Gulf Shores, I would recommend the Lighthouse.

Good luck!

Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach