We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
beaches

I am considering a trip to El Matador in late June. Does any

one know how the beaches are.

midwest
1. Re: beaches

I have stayed at El Matador in the past & plan to stay again in May. The beaches are THE BEST ANYWHERE! The resort is at the end of the road & only miles of undeveloped beach from there on, so plenty of room to roam & no thru traffic! Fewer people! The sand is white & pure as sugar. "Ivan" did stir things up in the area, but El Matador came thru better than most, if not all, the other resorts in the area. The people are VERY helpful & pleasant, too! The pools are very nice. Some of the indoor facilities, such as the sauna, jacuzzi, & game room, are a bit dated. But these are things I don't use, anyway.

Also, some great restaurants near the pier (Angler's & Crab Trap) with many more things to do in Destin, just 5 miles away. More crowds in Destin, tho. Also, check out the Visitors Center for discount coupons & ideas! Are you renting directly thru the resort? I've done it different ways. Hope you enjoy the El Matador as much as we do!!!

USA
2. Re: beaches

been staying at el matador past 12 years. just wondering

how things were down there. we stay in 213

Ohio
reviews: 5
3. Re: beaches

Highly, highly recommended!! Absolutely the best beach anywhere!!

Ohio
reviews: 5
4. Re: beaches

Ft. Walton Beaches are the best!! Sugar white sands, clear water, beautiful!!! It's not too crowded to enjoy. Highly, highly recommended.

Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach