We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy Pointe destin west

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
highland,illinois
Sandy Pointe destin west

Help I have a opportunity to go to Sandy Point Destin West though are GreatEscape membership but when i check on the condo I can,t seem to find anyone who has been there.Plawithtan.com gives it a 5 star If there is anyone who has been there please let me know what kind of place it is and how clean and in a safe place. ( leaving 10-17-08)

Littlebit2

78 replies to this topic
Fort Wayne, Indiana
51. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

I have two posts on this location which relate OUR experience. There seems to be two locations with similar names. Sandy Pointe Destin West where we stayed is not on the beach, nor is it an island and is located in a questionable at best area. It is an old motel style property with two stories. Our experience was a disaster as you can see in our previous posts dated January 2012 and a response to someones request from one month ago (September '13) I would say stay anywhere but here!!

GIG HARBOR
reviews: 2
52. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

I don't know what your problem is, but almost ALL of the reviews for Sandy Pointe are very positive.

Sounds like you have an issue with someone other than Sandy Pointe!

53. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, October 28, 2013

Louisville, Kentucky
54. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

I am interested in renting a unit from TAN and would like an honest opinion about the Sandy Point at Destin West for two retired teachers. I am concerned about safety, cleanliness, and amenities.

Thank you.

Christine

Midwest
reviews: 36
55. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

I think your concerns are valid. Too many questionable reviews. I would stay somewhere with better reviews, & not take the risk.

Woodbury, Minnesota
reviews: 6
56. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

The rates must be good, otherwise so many people would not take the chance. If you read through the entire thread, a few people were satisfied, but the majority were not. I personally would not take the risk. There are so many other choices.

Midwest
reviews: 36
57. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

Trixie, it must be some sort of timeshare & those sales people can be VERY good :-( ....& I'm guessing there aren't a lot of options for the people who want to use their "weeks" on the Emerald Coast.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
reviews: 5
58. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

Is this place part of Destin West? Sounds like it is not but the name is confusing me.

GIG HARBOR
59. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

I stayed a week at Sandy Pointe with family members from April 4th to the 11th. We all had one bdrm condo's and each had a sleeper sofa. Don't expect the Ritz or Waldorf Astoria type accommodations....BUT, the condo's were very clean. The TV's in the bedrooms are old and reception was poor. The main room TV's were fine, flat screen led's. The condo's are on second and third floors. There is no elevator. Laundry room is on the ground level. Manager and staff were on site when we arrived and allowed to check in early. They were all very nice. About a 2 block walk to the beautiful white sand beaches of the Gulf. Great eating places are all over the place. Some within walking distance. Some guests were disappointed that there was no pool. You got the ocean a short walk away...who the hell needs a pool.

Bottom line....Nice clean place, quiet and comfortable. Would stay here again.

GIG HARBOR
60. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

Read the post from zeefrog

Reply to: Sandy Pointe destin west
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted