We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in FWB

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
7 days in FWB

We are staying in FWB next week and I am trying to get an idea of what kinds of things there are to do there. What are the must-dos? We are traveling with 4 adults and 1 child (2 years) and staying at El Matador.

texas
reviews: 6
1. Re: 7 days in FWB

go to destin....

Texas
2. Re: 7 days in FWB

Gee.... thanks Ted. That was helpful. I am sure we will make it to Destin. Since the lodging was a gift and we aren't paying for it, we can't be too picky. I was just wondering what kinds of things there are to do besides going to the beach.

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
3. Re: 7 days in FWB

Don't worry about Ted, you will enjoy your stay at the

El Matador.

Corinth, Mississippi
reviews: 1
4. Re: 7 days in FWB

You have the beach and pool by day.

Gulfarium

shopping at Silver Sands Outlet Mall in Destin

New Destin Commons shopping mall

The Track

Big Kahuna's Water Park is a HUGE treat.

Dolphin cruises

Since FWB and Destin are only separated by a bridge, don't worry about the drive to the more fun events.

You're gonna have PLENTY to do. Have a great week!

Okaloosa Island
5. Re: 7 days in FWB

Do you golf? Plenty of world class golf courses in the area. And if you arent' that serious about golf, there is a par three course right on the island where you're staying, as well as a popular miniature golf course just a few miles up Eglin Parkway.

Boats and PWVs are available for rent.

There are parasailing, fishing charters, fishing from the public fishing pier and the Indian mound museum in downtown Fort Walton.

The Air Force has a small, but nice armament museum at Eglin Air Force base which is just a few miles north.

You can find plenty to do on our little island and in Ft. Walton Beach and Destin.

texas
reviews: 6
6. Re: 7 days in FWB

gee, all that stuff you mentioned was in destin.....

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
7. Re: 7 days in FWB

Yes, but with a tenth of the traffic.

Andalusia, Alabama
reviews: 2
8. Re: 7 days in FWB

Destin is only about 3 miles from the El Matador. We got to Ft. Walton alot but there really is not alot of tourist thingd to do. The beach is pretty much it. I grew up going to Ft. Walton during high school but it was mainly clubbing and hanging out with friends. The beach is VERY nice and not alot of people to have to deal with. Let me know what your interest are and maybe I can point you in the right direction. Regardless I know you will enjoy it, my family and I always do.

midwest
9. Re: 7 days in FWB

You will enjoy the EL Matador. It is the very last resort on Santa Rosa & only miles of undeveloped beach (government owned)from there on, so plenty of room to roam for long beach walks & shelling. Fewer people on the beach & not all the conjestion of Destin. Not slamming Destin.... lots to do there & just a short drive.

Check out the Visitor's Center, just east of the Pier, on the Island, for many coupons & discounts on attractions & restaurants. A favorite restaurant is at the Pier, called Angler's & open to the beach. Similar good place next door, called The Crab Trap.

Gulfarium (small marine park) is there, too.

You will definitley enjoy!