We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada Inn or Sheraton

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomington, Il
4 posts
Ramada Inn or Sheraton

This will be the first time for my family to go to Fort Walton. We usually go to Pensacola Beach and Clearwater Beach. We usually stay at the Hilton in both places. I was researching and these both look nice for children but my husband thinks they look dated. I know there has been renovations at both since the hurrican. Anyone have any thoughts or have visited since the hurricanes and can give me input? We are planning on going in June and my husband is still unconvinced to go to FWB since he is so used to Clearwater and Pensacola...need help convincing....

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Ramada Inn or Sheraton

If you want my advice you should look to stay in Destin a lot of resorts are new or all up to date.Ft.Walton is a little dated because it is older.Destin is alot like Pensacola beach.

Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Ramada Inn or Sheraton

Fort Walton is a lot like Pensacola as far as the beach, water, etc., but I don't know about post hurricane. The poolside/garden rooms at the Sheraton are a bit older, you will definately want to go for the oceanfront rooms in the "tower". They are newer and I do believe have had renovations recently as well, but not positive on that fact, I think I read it somewhere. Destin is very nice as well, as suggested in previous post but is more expensive in my opinion.

Navarre, Florida
Level Contributor
379 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Ramada Inn or Sheraton

Hi tymber,

I just replied to your post about a condo. The last time I stayed at the Ramada, I did find it in need of an upgrade but I don't know if one's been done in the last couple of years. The beachfront rooms at the Sheraton are nice (and pretty roomy) but I think they are a bit overpriced. Since you have a family, I really think you will be happier in a condo. You will love the extra room and the price is about the same as a hotel room!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
4. Re: Ramada Inn or Sheraton

My family and I arrived in Destin 3 days after Hurricane Ivan left. My daughter and I stayed 2 extra weeks due to the nice weather and the water was perfect. We drove to Pensacola several days to volunteer with Red Cross. That area was hit hard and as you know even harder going west. Each day as we drove by the Ramada at FWB we commented on it's damage. It was so bad, there was a police tape around the parking lot and only construction workers were allowed in the area. It almost looked as if it should just be torn down and started over. Maybe it was, I haven't been back yet. They could have remodled, just be very careful and research that situation before booking there. I don't remember anything about the Sheraton, sorry.