We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Was there a Radisson Hotel in FWB?

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Was there a Radisson Hotel in FWB?

I read a review in a travel guide about a Radisson in FWB. It stated that it had been updated in 2002 with a river around the property, rafts provided, and a new playground. I have tried their web-site and cannot find it! Has it been bought by another chain? It just sounded like a fun place for the family.

Just curious....

Mason, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
reviews: 23
1. Re: Was there a Radisson Hotel in FWB?

I do know for a fact that they tore it down.We use to stay there and it was a fun hotel.I am not sure if they are going to keep the pool area there,but I am pretty sure Marriott bought the property.I am not sure why they tore it down unless it got alot of huricane damage.Marriott might have had other plans for a new design also.We have stayed in Ft.Walton at the Holiday Inn Sunspree and have like it also so if you are going to Ft.Walton you may want to check their website www.hifwb.com

Fort Walton Beach...
2. Re: Was there a Radisson Hotel in FWB?

Marriott was going to buy it, but something happened, can't remember what. It was heavily damaged during Hurricane Ivan and rather than repair it, it was razed and is being replaced by very high-end condos. There is still a Sheraton, Ramada Inn (very cool pool) that was heavily renovated after Ivan, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Sunspree and Best Western also on the Island.

midwest
3. Re: Was there a Radisson Hotel in FWB?

Have you tried renting a condo directly from an owner?

www.vrbo.com

Nicer & can be less costly!