We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Walton Beach vs Destin

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Fort Walton Beach vs Destin

Greetings, My family and I were coming to Destin for the first time in June. We are now thinking about Fort Walton Beach instead. We are not familiar with either area. Which would you suggest? Why? Did Ivan do more damage in FWB? What would be your suggestions for good lodgings in FWB? There are four adults, a two yr old and a five yr old. We need a two bedroom unit within an easy walk to the beach. We are on a budget and need to stay under $200 a night. How would you compare the activities in Destin and FWB? Please help us plan a great vacation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
1. Re: Fort Walton Beach vs Destin

Try the El Matador. They would have what you are looking

for.

texas
2. Re: Fort Walton Beach vs Destin

We have stayed in Ft. Walton for the 3 past summers and love it! I have already booked for June. Ivan did a bit of damage to the Sheraton (sand in pools, landscape...) but, the Sheraton has informed me that everything will be ship shape before June. We drive into Destin for shopping and eating. We feel that FWB is not as packed! That is why we always opt. for FWB.

But, I assure you, this Texan LOVES the beaches there. I hope this helps.

Navarre, Florida
reviews: 30
3. Re: Fort Walton Beach vs Destin

Definitely Ft Walton Beach. Destin will be a zoo in June. Ft. Walton is much quieter but still has plenty of things to do. I agree with the above suggestion of El Matador. I'm also recommend The Breakers. Both are right on the beach.

Manchester...
4. Re: Fort Walton Beach vs Destin

I agree with Cakes. FWB is definately less crowded. We love it there. We usually stay in a condo. They're more expensive, but there's more room for the family to spead out. If you think you might want to try that, I suggest the Island Princess.