We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Made reservations and I need help!!!

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
TN
Made reservations and I need help!!!

Hey, I was wondering if anyone familiar with Fort Walton could help me out. Three of my friends and I were planning on staying in Navarre but due to the fact that none of us are 25 we were unable to rent a condo in Navarre, so we decided instead to stay in Fort Walton, and one of the hotel searches we found said that Cayo Grand Suites was "on beach" but when reading some reviews and looking at the map this appears to be incorrect, unfortunately we've already made reservations. Can anyone tell me if the Cayo Grand Suites are in walking distance of the beach, or about how far away the beach is from the hotel. Any help is much appreciated. Please get back to me soon, we are going away next month and I need to know if we should cancel our reservations or not.

Orlando, FL
1. Re: Made reservations and I need help!!!

Information I have is that the Cayo Grand Suites is 10 miles from the beaches - a long walk for you.

Do a search on the web for: "Cayo Grand Suites"

You can use Yahoo Maps to locate the resort and the resulting map should show you its location relative to the beaches.

TN
2. Re: Made reservations and I need help!!!

thanks Endeavor. I've been looking all over the place for information like that, but nothing solid. So many different sources give different information. I'll check out the yahoo maps and see what happens.

Summerland Key...
3. Re: Made reservations and I need help!!!

You'd have to work pretty hard to get any farther away from the beach than that place. I would definitely cancel and start again.

For future reference: Any Florida hotel/motel that claims to be "minutes away" from the beach is usually defining minutes as "maybe less than a half-hour drive, depending on traffic."

Make sure you map any place before you book -- don't trust Web site photos (unless you can see the beach and the hotel in the same photo), names, addresses, etc.

Mason, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
reviews: 23
4. Re: Made reservations and I need help!!!

I think I can help suggest a great place to check for you if you are on a budget and want very close access to the beach.www.marinamotel.net They are clean and very cheap rates.They are rated #5 on this tripadvisor.We have stayed here many times.They are across the street from the beach on 98 right on Choctaawatchhee Bay.They have their own pier.Beasly State Park is right across the street.They have motel rooms with microwave,refridge,and coffe pot,rooms with kitchenette and even apartments with 2 queen beds and pull out sofa bed.You should look at their website.You have to call their 18002377021 for rates and availiabilty though.We got apartment during Spring Break for $110.00 a night you cant beat the prices.This might be the place you your looking for.Let me know if you have any questions I will try to help.

Navarre, Florida
reviews: 29
5. Re: Made reservations and I need help!!!

I have also stayed at the Marina Motel. It is not fancy, but it's clean and inexpensive. Also, the people that run it are very nice. The Sheraton, which is right on the beach, does not have suites, but you can get a room with a full size refrigerator and a microwave. A breakfast buffet is also included.

TN
6. Re: Made reservations and I need help!!!

Thanks for all the help. It turns out that our trip for four has become a trip for two, so we're looking to stay somewhere inexpensive now...so it looks like it'll be Rodeway Inn or Super 8 or something like that. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. We're looking for something that is $80 or less a night.

Mason, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
reviews: 23
7. Re: Made reservations and I need help!!!

I still think if you want a clean hotel near the beach that is cheap I would still try Marina motel.A room with 2 double beds would only be around 70.00.It is a great location.See my above post for all the motel information.

Fort Walton Beach...
8. Re: Made reservations and I need help!!!

You can also try the Leeside Inn, which is right next to Marina Motel. There is also an Econo Lodge on the Island. It is on the Sound, but just 2-5 minutes to several County owned beach access parks ( and that's real 2-5 minutes...not hotel speak!)

Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach