We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lighthouse Resort inn with kids?

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Luxembourg
Lighthouse Resort inn with kids?

Hello everybody,

We are a family with 3 kids (ages 11, 9, and 7).

We are staying in Marco Island for the Christmas. We are flying in to Fort Myers Intl airport from Germany, and need a place to stay for one night before our hotel reservation in Marco Island, and then again for 2 nights before our flight back home.

Fort Myers Beach seems like a nice place for relaxing. We´d like to find a place that´s not too expensive but clean, and not rowdy.

We´d like to be able to walk to the shops, cafés and restaurants, and of course to the beach.

I was browsing the net and found the Lighthouse Resort Inn. What do you think about it? The Beacon Motel looked nice, too, but I don´t know if they have availabilities.

Any help greatly appreciated,

meribel

New Hampshire
reviews: 1
1. Re: Lighthouse Resort inn with kids?

I'm not familiar with the hotels you mentioned but I do know the airport is about 1 + hour from Fort Myers Beach- my suggestion is perhaps at the end of your trip to do the FMB stay but for the one night upon your arrival I would choose a place near the airport.

Whereas you are staying on Marco Island you will have plenty of beach time. A neat place for you and your kids to visit might be the Edison/Ford Winter Estates in Fort Myers during your final 2 days. We took our daughters there when they were about 9&11 and we all had a great time. Plan to spend several hours there if you take the guided tour (which I recommend). Another idea for your family that is taking a swamp buggy ride at Babcock Wilderness Adventures.

Have a great trip and Happy Holidays!

Mesa, Arizona
reviews: 5
2. Re: Lighthouse Resort inn with kids?

Hi Meribel, The only time it takes over an hour to get to the airport is in season. Usually it is only about 35 minutes. The Beacon is a great place to stay, right on the water, close to all shopping. They also have another property, the Holiday Court. Check them out.

Have Fun!!!!!!!! Bring the kids down to Strawberrie Corner in Santini Plaza for ice cream while you are here.

Apple Valley, MN
reviews: 17
3. Re: Lighthouse Resort inn with kids?

A good place to stay for a few nights would be the Best Western Beach Resort. You can walk down the beach to shops and restaurants from there. We have stayed there before and loved it plus it is a quiet place to stay north of the pier.

4. Re: Lighthouse Resort inn with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach