We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining at TImes Square?

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
reviews: 3
Dining at TImes Square?

Places to go? Places to avoid? Thanks! Open to all suggestions

4 replies to this topic
Mercer,Wi
reviews: 36
1. Re: Dining at TImes Square?

Nervous Nellies for a giant sandwich with seating by the bay. The food is great but it is crowded and sometimes slow. The Pierside grill for beachfront dining.There is a Dairy Queen right next to it. If you like Chicago dogs there is a hot dog stand just down the beach. I have to try heavenly biscuit for breakfast. It is supposed to be the number one breakfast place. We went to the Beached Whale a few times but were not impressed.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
reviews: 9
2. Re: Dining at TImes Square?

Yucatan for Breakfast, SOB's for lunch and upper deck of Matanzas for dinner. Best Pizza. Live music at all.

Mercer,Wi
reviews: 36
3. Re: Dining at TImes Square?

Matanzas has good pizza/? have to try that too.

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 12
4. Re: Dining at TImes Square?

The Beached Whale for Happy Hour! They have great mussels, wings and flatbreads for less than $5 and it's fun to sit up top while you eat and drink. To be honest, we didn't "love" many restaurants on the island. We mostly went back over the bridge for sushi, bbq, Japanese, skip one seafood. If you are looking for the standard fish sandwich or salad with chicken, shrimp or salmon, you can find those of most of the menus on the beach. We went to Charlie's Boat House once and it was good...a little pricey though. Nervous Nellies has a huge menu and lots to offer. Pinchers has good seafood. Platka's has great gyros. Never found a great pizza place. Doc Ford's has a great water view. Heavenly Biscuit offers biscuits filled with eggs, bacon/ham and cheese. It's basic, but people seem to love it. I am not a fan of their cinnamon rolls as I prefer a cream cheese frosting instead of the super sweet white icing, but a lot of people love those too. Don't get your hopes up for finding an Outstanding restaurant....but mainly enjoy the beach/Gulf views while ordering some local seafood such as Grouper and Gulf shrimp. You can't go wrong with local food caught fresh right from the Gulf. If you can find a place that serves Hog Fish...you MUST try it. It's a white, mild, sweet fish caught in the Gulf. I don't know who serves it in Fort Myers...but we get it up here north of Tampa. Enjoy your vacation!!

Reply to: Dining at TImes Square?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach