We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi cost from airport to Hertz rental office

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 9
taxi cost from airport to Hertz rental office

What is the approximate taxi cost from the airport: Ft. Myers, FL - RSW to Fort Myers South HLE 15250 Tamiami Trail # 102 Fort Myers, Florida?

north island
1. Re: taxi cost from airport to Hertz rental office

The fares are determined by zones and your destination is on a boundary line for two zones. So, not sure how that is handled. It would be somewhere between $22 and $33 by my calculation.

Baltimore, Maryland
2. Re: taxi cost from airport to Hertz rental office

Thanks! Did a price check for Hertz 5/23-5/30 at airport is $ 518.67 for 1 week incl.tax and fees.

Price is $ 220.26 incl tax and fees for the Tamiami location rental. Both with AAA rates. So it makes sense at this point in time to take taxi to the off airport Hertz rental-> rent car-> and return to same and taxi back to airport.

Massachusetts
reviews: 1
3. Re: taxi cost from airport to Hertz rental office

Michael,

That's a great savings. Just confirm that your flight arrival and departure times will work with the non-airport location's open hours. They tend to have shorter hours than the airport locations.

Baltimore, Maryland
4. Re: taxi cost from airport to Hertz rental office

Yes, thanks so much!

This location looks like it has short Sat hours and I will veryify the hours once the trip gets closer.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 12
5. Re: taxi cost from airport to Hertz rental office

I see you are planning travel for next May. If you keep checking car rental rates, chances are quite good you may be able to find a far more reasonable rate from a rental agency located on site at the airport. Don't know what class of car you have reserved, or if you are committed to renting only from Hertz, but May is not peak season. I have often rented a mid-size / full-size car at that time for around $200 plus taxes and fees.

Have you been using one of the sites that lets you check / compare prices at all airport car rental agencies simultaneously?

Baltimore, Maryland
6. Re: taxi cost from airport to Hertz rental office

I prefer renting from Hertz. Never had an issue with them and I use vouchers that are tied into my AAA Credit card that are good for Hertz only. I am renting a full size car.

Baltimore, Maryland
7. Re: taxi cost from airport to Hertz rental office

Thank you Chicago for good advice. That is a great idea to compare. Maybe get a better rate and perhaps negotiate with Hertz.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 12
8. Re: taxi cost from airport to Hertz rental office

Good luck with your search. Definitely should pay to check prices from time-to-time as they often change considerably as the date of your travel approaches. I have never been "locked into" an advance reservation so the option to renegotiate or change vendors remains open until the time of your travel.

Baltimore, Maryland
9. Re: taxi cost from airport to Hertz rental office

Oh, I quite agree. I have not locked anything up yet. My agent at AAA and myself look quite frequently for dropping rates. We were both quite surprised from the last trip to Florida in May, that the cost was almost the same at the airport FLL as offsite on Seabreeze Blvd near the BW. I asked how was this possible and was told there was such an excess supply at the airport, the rate dropped a lot.

10. Re: taxi cost from airport to Hertz rental office

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 20, 2015