We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

McDonalds Closed and other thoughts...

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oswego,Il.
reviews: 26
McDonalds Closed and other thoughts...

While our visit to FMB each Feb is not to see McDonalds I have to say it saddens me to hear that the one on FMB has shut it's doors. It was always real handy to stop for a break and sit outside and people watch a couple of times each year. From what I've read the owner said revenue was down 20/25% for the year? This is just another empty building in a great location which begs one to wonder; How and when will the Beach and the County get their act together with a real plan for this bottle necking corner. With so many nice updates by the pier this has been the elephant in the room for far too long

52 replies to this topic
Ohio
reviews: 1
51. Re: McDonalds Closed and other thoughts...

If I recall correctly it was right across Estero from Times Square. If you look on MapQuest the building(s) are still there but on Google maps it's a bare lot.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 6
52. Re: McDonalds Closed and other thoughts...

Thanks Bruker - i think what you're referring to was that Seafarers Village (two story at the bend in Estero) that was recently torn down. I think the county bought it and is thinking of doing a parking deck in the back? Once again, I advocate fro a ped bridge starting in Times Square (needs to start there to get the ADA required max 2% slope) and then OVER Estero Blvd and then down with the same ADA mandated grade to right in front of the retail space still standing just north of the closed McDonalds. Some kind of fence/barriers would have to be erected a the bend though to prevent people from bypassing the ped bridge.

Reply to: McDonalds Closed and other thoughts...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach