We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What part of Fort Myers should we be staying in

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Vallarta...
reviews: 1
What part of Fort Myers should we be staying in

Myself and my husband, early 50's, are looking for a place to stay from around mid December to early April. What part of Fort Myers do most people stay at.... Cape Coral, Fort Myers Beach, San Carlos Bay, etc? We have no vehicle, love to walk, and would like to be close to the beach, bus system, and safe! Any suggestions?

8 replies to this topic
Orlando
reviews: 2
1. Re: What part of Fort Myers should we be staying in

"Close to the beach" , "bus system", "have no vehicle and love to walk"= Ft Myers Beach. The whole island is safe. Which side of Ft Myers Beach will depend on your interests and activity level.

Pompano Beach...
reviews: 17
2. Re: What part of Fort Myers should we be staying in

The south end of FMB would be perfect....walk to Santini Plaza for restaurants, shops, ice cream, 7-11, CVS, and the Fish house restaurant, located behind Santini, Holiday Inn for Pinchers Crab on the beach. The Santa Maria condos are located across the st from the beach might work for you they are very clean, nice pool, great location ....you can check this site for info

www.baypointepropertymanagement.com/index.asp

Puerto Vallarta...
3. Re: What part of Fort Myers should we be staying in

I just checked out Bay Point Properties and they are too pricy for me. Any other suggestions for locations?

Wigan, United...
reviews: 83
4. Re: What part of Fort Myers should we be staying in

We're in the same age group and have stayed at the Dolphin Inn for the past 2 years as it's clean quiet and great value. It's in a good location in FMyers Beach - the trolley stops just outside the hotel to get to Time Square one way and Lovers Key State park the other way - you can walk to Santini Plaza in around 15mins, a 7-11 in less than 5 mins and the beach is across the road so just a couple of mins. There is a Publix supermarket which you could get a taxi to/from as it's only around 5mins drive. You can also walk to the Outrigger where there is a bar and there is a cinema next door. Many of their guests are return visitors. I've written a couple of reviews on it for more info.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
reviews: 6
5. Re: What part of Fort Myers should we be staying in

All parts of FMB are safe. Dec through April are the most expensive time of the yr. I suggest a condo, can you give us an idea of your max. rate per month would be, it would really help us out directing you. The north. mid-island and south are all nice it depend on what you want to do. The south end has the widest beach so you may like that.

Puerto Vallarta...
6. Re: What part of Fort Myers should we be staying in

I just checked with the Dolphin Inn and can only book for one month at a time. Did you stay longer? My price range has been steadily rising. I started out with $1500 a month, but I see that i will have to pay closer to $2500 a month.

Wigan, United...
reviews: 83
7. Re: What part of Fort Myers should we be staying in

No, unfortunately we didn't stay longer than a month. My parents usually go away in the winter for a couple of months to Florida or Palm Springs and have found long term property rentals on vacation rentals.com

Pompano Beach...
reviews: 17
8. Re: What part of Fort Myers should we be staying in

Try clicking on vacation rentals on the FMB forum site and put in your dates. There might be some condos in your price range.

Edited: 8:43 am, September 28, 2013
Reply to: What part of Fort Myers should we be staying in
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted