We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Fort Meyers area, some Q's

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 35
Help Fort Meyers area, some Q's

We will be 1st time visitors to the area. We need help selecting an area to stay and where to go. Thanks in advance!

Area: I researched this in the archives, but am a bit confused as I am not familiar with the area. It is overwhelming as a first timer to find straight answers. We want to stay somewhere that is SAFE, and relatively close to nice restaurants. We would like to be within about 1 hour or less from the airport. It would be nice to be able to walk or take a trolley out to eat. We don't need late night party bars, but somewhere nice to go out to at the end of the day. Good food is a must, but it doesn't have to be super fancy.

Are there any areas that are unsafe? We want to be able to take walks on the beach or street without worrying about our safety. I go to Mexico a lot, so I'm know there are always places that you don't want to go at certain times.

Lodging: Two couples are looking to stay in the area for 1 week at the end of October. We want to be on a nice beach, preferably beachfront. We need at least a 2-bedroom, 2-bath house, condo, or villa. We would like to have a pool, whether community pool or a private pool. We want nice digs and a patio or porch. I have searched TA, VRBO, HOMEAWAY and a few others, but a lot of the lodging looks cheesy. Any suggestions????

South Florida...
reviews: 48
1. Re: Help Fort Meyers area, some Q's

If you do not get any answers here, try posting on the Fort Myers Beach Forum. : )

Orlando
reviews: 2
2. Re: Help Fort Meyers area, some Q's

If you are staying on Ft Myers BEACH the entire island is safe. The north end is tourisy, but there are a ton of bars and restaurants. Mid island and south becomes much more quiet. The south end of the island has a number of condos and a plaza with a couple of bars and restaurants. That area is not cheesy. The trolley runs from Summerlin Square to Lovers Key.

www.maps.google.com (use the satellite view).

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 35
3. Re: Help Fort Meyers area, some Q's

Thank you for your help!

Kansas City, MO
reviews: 28
4. Re: Help Fort Meyers area, some Q's

I stayed at the Pink Shell Resort 8 years ago and am planning another trip there this fall. I think it would meet all of your needs - we loved it there. All rooms/suites/condos have screened in decks overlooking the Gulf, nice restaurant on site and easy walk or trolley ride to many restaurants at Times Square. It is fairly quiet (next to a big park), but close to activity. We got upgraded to a 1-bedroom apartment in the main building, and it was lovely. Just my two cents - I am in no way an expert on Ft. Myers Beach, but did have a great experience at Pink Shell.

Madison, North...
reviews: 22
5. Re: Help Fort Meyers area, some Q's

We travel with our small children every year to fort myers beach,however i cant be much help as far as the lodging we have family that lives in fort myers.However,I can help a little with what there is to do there.The last time we stayed we went to a resturant called S.O.B.'S it was really nice our kids loved it they had a live band,its non smoking.And its near the beach so you can go for a walk afterward or go shopping.As one of the reviewers stated before me the entire island is safe everyone is extremly nice and if you have any questions they are quick to help you find an answer we were actually supposed to move there this year because after our many visits ive come to learn that people are much nicer in fort myers than they are here in NC.The atmosphere is much better and mostly everyone you meet is always happy.Theres a place we took our children called zoomers its near the beach its like a mini theme park and not expensive they loved it even if youre not traveling with children you can take a break from everything and relax.I know im not alot of help but i had to share to let you know i would just check into prices the safety at fortmyers beach seems really good compared to some other travel spots. (= Have a great trip oh! btw october-december are the best times to visit so its a perfect time that you are thinking about vacationing there.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
reviews: 9
6. Re: Help Fort Meyers area, some Q's

There are so many gulf front condos along Estero Blvd. You might want to check out the Edison Beach Condos near Time Sq, I have stayed at Smugglers Cove & Pointe South condos mid-island. We are going down next week and are staying at The Capers closer to TS. all 2 bed & 2 baths. The southern end is very nice too with wider beach area. The Gulf Wing condo are very nice. Take a look at google map it might help you out. The lower the number with be north-island and the higher will be towards the south end. You may also like to be near Santiani Plaza which will be on the south end. Pink Shell is really nice as well as the Diamond Head resort.

7. Re: Help Fort Meyers area, some Q's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 23, 2014