We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas 2012

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Il
reviews: 6
Christmas 2012

I am visiting Fort Myers for the first time over Christmas. I am looking for some suggestions...holiday programs, restaurants that will be open for Christmas dinner, etc. This is a group of adults, no children.

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 16
1. Re: Christmas 2012

The Edison-Ford Winter Estates does their holiday nights and decorates with lights, has nightly entertainment, artist appearances, book signings, etc.

Downtown Fort Myers is always pretty, too! The historic homes, businesses and streets are all decorated.

The Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre will be featuring Miracle on 34th Street this year - dinner is included and you get a nice show, too!

Some of the charter boats (Fort Myers Princess and JC Cruises) do cruises along the river or beach with special holiday programs.

Hope some of these ideas work for you! :)

The Great White...
2. Re: Christmas 2012

We are also planning on spending our first Christmas holiday away from home in Fort Myers (Beach). Any recommendations for Christmas Dinner?

We have a 19yr old and 16 yr old so looking for some "not boring" activities. lol

Hoping the weather is nice enough to enjoy the beach for relaxing, reading, walking, morning jogs... though the water itself will probably be too cold :( Back up plan is the heated pool where we are staying.

Have heard/read good things about Manatee Park (kayaking with manatees) - is this a good time of year for this? Also Lakes Regional Park for trails/biking. Six Mile Cypress Slough Reserve sounded nice, as well as Lover's Key State Park.

Will there be golfing/mini-golf at this time of season?

Also will want to do some shopping and maybe hit Fleamasters Fleamarket.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hope everyone has fun planning their holiday - and has a Merry Christmas! :)

Il
3. Re: Christmas 2012

Thank you so much! This all sounds great. Any specific recommendations for Christmas dinner?

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
reviews: 8
4. Re: Christmas 2012

Lakes Park is cool, take the mini train ride to see the decorated villages, they have trails, canoes and a Beach area. Lovers Key is gorgeous. 6 mile slough is a nice walk. On FMB is Matanzas Pass with trails, Putt Putt Golf is open year 'round, we have Zoomers just off Island with rides, arcades and fun for all. Dinners are served everywhere, some with special menus but most with same menus and specials. We have a big sand sculpting event this month so start checking www.islandsandpaper.com after.

check out the geocaching in our area for Family Fun.

Il
5. Re: Christmas 2012

Wow, great stuff; thanks!!

Il
6. Re: Christmas 2012

I read part of the Edison estate is closed. Is this a long term closing do you know?

Il
7. Re: Christmas 2012

I read part of the Edison estate is closed. Is this a long term closing do you know?

Edited: 9:51 pm, November 15, 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
8. Re: Christmas 2012

Hi jljl,

We are definitely open! The only days we close are Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day. You can find more info about our Holiday Nights program on our website at www.edisonfordwinterestates.org.

-Edison & Ford Winter Estates

Il
9. Re: Christmas 2012

Oh, so glad to hear! The govt. site made it sound as though only the lab was open. We can't wait to get there!

Akron, Ohio
reviews: 42
10. Re: Christmas 2012

We frequent FMB. If I were there for Christmas Dinner my first choice would be The Prawnbroker, if they are open.