We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental in Fort Myers

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska
car rental in Fort Myers

I'm having problems finding a good deal on a car rental out of the RSW airport. Do I need to wait until a couple of weeks before my trip to get a lower rate?

8 replies to this topic
Pittsburgh
reviews: 26
1. Re: car rental in Fort Myers

Wow.... I'm also having trouble getting a good rate. Just checked Budget for one week in August. Total cost $316.00 for a full size Impala-type car.

Anyone find a better deal????

menomonee
2. Re: car rental in Fort Myers

Name your own price on priceline.com

South Florida...
reviews: 40
3. Re: car rental in Fort Myers

Its a busy time here. If you can pick a different pick up location, it might help.

Marshfield...
reviews: 43
4. Re: car rental in Fort Myers

I got a $20/day price from "name your own price" on Priceline.com for my April trip to FM when they were quoting $66/day. I've used them several times and never had a problem. They say to bid 40% lower than rack rate, but I've always bid much lower and got a car. I got a Hertz car. Good luck.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
reviews: 8
5. Re: car rental in Fort Myers

Wow, that is a great deal. Priceline,

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 4
6. Re: car rental in Fort Myers

I got it too, on Priceline, $20 day and its with National Car rental, best deal out there, and its a midsize for a week in mid April

Westland, Michigan
7. Re: car rental in Fort Myers

I just need a ride from RSW to Punta Gorda 04/04/2013 arriving 1pm.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 36
8. Re: car rental in Fort Myers

When renting a car, the prices change continually, just like airline tickets, so you need to keep checking. I rented a car in Fort Myers recently, and the price was almost $450/week, then went down after 3 weeks of checking to $116 which included all the ridiculous taxes. I usually go with Enterprise. I have always had great experiences with them. If I haven't, and let them know, they have taken care of any and all issues, and Fort Myers Enterprise is no different. Great company.

Reply to: car rental in Fort Myers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers