We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic from Bonita Springs to Ft. Myers??

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 9
Traffic from Bonita Springs to Ft. Myers??

Hello all. Trying to make plans for a trip next March to watch Minnesota Twins Spring Training. As most here know, hotels are pretty pricey--unless you're willing to stay in a dicey area or lower-end hotel. I actually found a decent price on what looks to be a nice place in Bonita Springs--Inn at the Springs. My question is, what will it be like for me to stay there and then drive back and forth to Hammond Stadium everyday to watch baseball? Will the traffic make me crazy?

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 5
1. Re: Traffic from Bonita Springs to Ft. Myers??

I don´t think so... Bonita Springs and Fort Myers are not that far away...

You´ll have to use Interstate 75 (no clue where the stadium is) and it CAN be busy... but normally NOT crazy...

:-)

Minneapolis, MN
2. Re: Traffic from Bonita Springs to Ft. Myers??

Thanks so much for the reply...it's good to know it's not normally "gridlocked" in that area. I live in a metro-area, so I can handle traffic--just not CRAZY traffic! Anyway, Google maps says that best way to get there is Hwy 41, but someone else mentioned 75 might be better as well. Eitehr way, it's good to know it won't take me an hour to get there!

South Florida...
reviews: 45
3. Re: Traffic from Bonita Springs to Ft. Myers??

It won't be crazy traffic but there will be some. The roads can get conjested. I also think 75 might be the best option.

Niagara Falls...
4. Re: Traffic from Bonita Springs to Ft. Myers??

The stadium for the Twins games is on Daniel's Parkway and is fairly close to I75, but if you do take 41 it's only about 5 minutes down the road. The traffic on I75 isn't too bad, neither is 41, but it is a main throughfare through the city, so there are stop lights to contend with.

fla
5. Re: Traffic from Bonita Springs to Ft. Myers??

I must laugh when I hear how people gripe about Ft. Myers traffic. Most of my family lives in urban areas. Those areas have crazy traffic. Ft. Myers has congestion but it usually moves along at a good pace. I would take U.S. 41. If you want to avoid a lot of traffic, take U.S. 41 to Six Mile Cypress. Six Mile Cypress will allow you to bypass a busy section of U.S. 41 as well as bypass Daniels Pkwy. Six Miles Cypress will bring you right around to the entrance to Hammond Stadium.

6. Re: Traffic from Bonita Springs to Ft. Myers??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, September 04, 2009