We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-Cruise hotel in April

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Centerville, OH
Pre-Cruise hotel in April

My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday, April 16th prior to our depart on a cruise on the 17th. We need suggestions for the following:

Reasonably priced hotels?

Transportation (from airport to the hotel, from hotel to the cruise port, from the cruise port back to the airport).

Websites or any resources to get a good price on a room?

Hotels to avoid?

Any other information that may be helpful.

Thank you for your time.

Lowell...
reviews: 38
1. Re: Pre-Cruise hotel in April

Hi, I don't know what Cruise line you are going out with , but most offer a transfer back to the airport +/- with one more shore tour ! For the most part well worth the return to FLL.

Hotel wise try Sleeps Inn in Dania, Fl. they offer shuttle service to and from airport/cruiseport. My husband & I just booked a suite there for our Nov. cruise. Check out the reviews here on TripAdviser. We booked it thru "OnlineHotels.com". They were the cheapest we could find for a suite w/ shuttle service and hot continental breakfast.

Have a wonderful cruise !

Kentucky
reviews: 15
2. Re: Pre-Cruise hotel in April

I guess "reasonably-priced" is a relative term, but I can tell you where we stayed down there prior to our cruise....first, if you're flying into the Ft Lauderdale airport, it is very close to Port Everglades (assuming that's where your cruise ship is departing from) and there are many hotels/motels in the area....we stayed at the Lago Mar (www.lagomar.com) a beachfront resort located in a quiet residential area, north of Port Everglades...they do provide shuttle service to the hotel from the airport and (I assume) will shuttle you to Port Everglades if you arrange this in advance...Lago Mar offers 1-2 bedrooom suites, as well as standard hotel rooms (presumably at a lower rate)...you'll have to check their web site for rates during the time you plan to be there...but it is a very nice place and we've enjoyed staying there...no, it won't be the least expensive option--but there are places far more expensive in the area that I don't believe are as nice....as far as returning to the airport upon your return, once you disembark, there are PLENTY of cabs that will run you back to the airport--it's a very short drive (maybe 10 minutes)...have fun....jg