We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lulutoo or anyone have info on villa orleans?

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Lulutoo or anyone have info on villa orleans?

Does anyone have any info on Villa Orleans in Lauderdale by the Sea? There are interior pics posted of this motel.......

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
1. Re: Lulutoo or anyone have info on villa orleans?

I'm not going to be able to help you much on this- but that area is on my errand running route for tomorrow , so I will do a drive by.

The problem is that there are about a bazillion of these tiny Mom and Pop run motels in that area. Some have been meticulously maintained inside and others are showing photos on their website that are many years old and bear no resemblence to the real facility now. Unless someone has stayed inside the particular place it would be impossible to tell from the outside. There is one passing reference to it on the tiny Lauderdale by the Sea Forum from a couple who stayed there in April after a dispute with a manager at another hotel, but it is only a comment that it was ok for them and had a room available on short notice.

The particular area of Lauderdale by the Sea is very quaint and is one of my favorite places to go for breakfast by the beach, but there is a real upswing in redevelopment going on there and entire Mom and Pop places have been sold and demolished. I can look and see if it is (A) still there and (B) affected in any way by construction near it, but I really have no idea what it's like inside.

Some of these places are really popular with European and Canadian "snowbirds" who come down for months at a time, so they frequently are completely booksed with extended stays during the busiest tourist months and only available for short stays during the off seasons.

Since it is only a 12 unit building, it might be hard to find anyone on the Forum who has stayed there.

Maybe you'll be lucky and someone else will post who has stayed there. I'll let you know about thearea on Saturday night!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
2. Re: Lulutoo or anyone have info on villa orleans?

Well, I took a swing by Villa Orleans this morning. It's almost right next door to the Lauderdale by the Sea Town Hall- a two story building built around a small pool.

The yard/pool area appear to be well maintained, although the building itself is vintage Florida- probably from the 60's. It's the old traditional style building where each room opens onto a walkway and they have placed a white plastic lawn chair in front of each window along the catwalk.

It is i possible to say what the rooms/apartments look like inside- I just get the feel it is really more of an apartment building for snowbirds and temporary residents ( like employees of restuarants and the like) during tourist season. It is about a 2 block walk to the beach and there is a grocery store and strip shopping center a few blocks north as well as many restuarants and bars within walking distance.

There is no construction in that immediate area, although there is a large building a little south that once was a gift shop/orange shipping center that has been vacated and is now for sale. Such places frequently get bouight and demolished just for the property and then developed into something else. The entire road (A1A, a busy main road called Ocean Drive in that section) is lined with Mom and Pop run small motels and rental apartments, all of them older.

3. Re: Lulutoo or anyone have info on villa orleans?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 23, 2009