We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba Beach Cage

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia, MD
reviews: 5
Aruba Beach Cage

This is a question for Lulutoo or any other local residents. I know I read that Aruba Beach Café or Lauderdale by the Sea has a street party one night of the week and I can't find the post. We'll be in Fort Lauderdale, staying at Lago Mar, the second week of July and will have friends coming to visit at the end of the week. They have a daughter who is 20 years old and I thought it would be a fun evening for her if we planned on having dinner at the café and then hung around on the beach to listen to the music and see whatever else goes on. Can anyone tell me what day of the week the street party is? Thanks so much.

7 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
1. Re: Aruba Beach Cage

Jazz on the Square is every Friday night in LBTS and while it takes place near Aruba Beach Café, it is actually sponsored by it's next door neighbor, Village Grille. Last I knew, another restaurant, 101 Ocean right across the street from Village Grille sponsored music for dancing in the street on Saturday nights too to try and keep up the crowds. I haven't looked into it recently , but I believe both are still happening. I'll see if I can verify.

Mercer,Wi
reviews: 36
2. Re: Aruba Beach Cage

is that bar still open that was featured on the bar make over show still operating?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
3. Re: Aruba Beach Cage

I think that was the bar at the good ole Ocean Manor- it is run separately as a concession I think. As far as I know still in operation- but I wouldn't go near the place. I'll look and see if I'm remembering correctly .If I recall there were serious issues with filth and sanitation- just like at the hotel. Some locals do patronize that bar in order to get beach access- but even though we are walking distance I just can't bring myself to do it.

It seems both the hotel owner and the bar ownership offered themselves up to the Hotel and bar makeover shows just to get whatever free stuff they would give them , with no intention of ever improving anything else or following any other advice.. Locally we call the hotel Ocean Manure.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
4. Re: Aruba Beach Cage

Yep- Bamboo Tiki Bar at Ocean Manor- still open- UGH!

spike.com/episodes/jyqaiq/bar-rescue-tiki-cu…

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
5. Re: Aruba Beach Cage

I'm not quite sure this response from a LBTS e-mail I received is clear...

"The music is now on Saturday night. It is going to restart on July 5th and go through the summer." So I guess that means Saturdays only?

Viersen, Germany
reviews: 33
6. Re: Aruba Beach Cage

There was no street music on Sat. 14th and Friday 20th June.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
7. Re: Aruba Beach Cage

I took the response from LBTS to mean the music had been on hiatus in June and would start again on Saturdays only beginning July 5- but it is a bit vague. If I am up there I will ask at the Village Grille or 101 Ocean.

Reply to: Aruba Beach Cage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted