We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

info on Americas Best Inn Fort Lauderdale S.

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
reviews: 10
info on Americas Best Inn Fort Lauderdale S.

Does anyone out there have any info that they can share on this property? We were thinking of it for a 2 night stay.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
1. Re: info on Americas Best Inn Fort Lauderdale S.

There are two- one on North Federal Highway and the other on something like SE 30 nearer to the airport- which are yoou speaking of? I will say at the outset that both are in the very low budget range and have "issues." I'd be very cautious., but I'll be more speciic based on location.

Vancouver
2. Re: info on Americas Best Inn Fort Lauderdale S.

It is the America's Best at 3001 SE 6th Ave., Fort Lauderdale

reviews: 110
3. Re: info on Americas Best Inn Fort Lauderdale S.

See here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=3001+Se+6th+Ave,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL

and here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34227-i98-k719536…

Wait till Lulu gets back...but I don't think it's near much...and probably a 60 year old structure.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
4. Re: info on Americas Best Inn Fort Lauderdale S.

If you read the review link Ken posted, it will pretty much sum up my opinion- I realize reasonable accomodations are hard to come by in Lauderdale, by after doing a drive by, I can't in good conscience recommend it- I wouldn't place my family or friends there- very shoddy looking and an awful surrounding area.

Vancouver
5. Re: info on Americas Best Inn Fort Lauderdale S.

Thanks so much for the info! Any leads on acceptable accomodation that would be willing to book for only 2 nights during January would be greatly appreciated!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
6. Re: info on Americas Best Inn Fort Lauderdale S.

I don't know what your transportation situation will be- but the Tropi-Rock , which is a block or two west of the beach area gets rave reviews for customer service and for the cleanliness of their older accomodations. They have a small but nicely landscaped pool. It would be a bit further away from the airport/cruiseport, but is economical and a much better choice in my opinion. You might check and see if they would take a booking- they are pretty popular but may well have a vacancy- check out their website.

There is a motel several blocks north of the America's Best called the Budget Inn that I have passed several times on my trips down to the Airport. it is at 13th Street which would put it just north of the Airport and the Cruiseport, but it is right next to both and IHOP and a Pizza Hut Restaurant and across the highway from one of our better local BarB Que Places. Try as I might I can find no reviews of it one way or the other, but it would be a better area for walking in- you could get down to 17th Street which has drug and grocery stores and several good , safe restaurants, I think. I just hesitate to recommend it as I have never seen a room or what clientele they attract- I've seen decent looking cars parked in front of units( your typical one story U shaped older building) . I'm going to keep searching for anything I can find about it, I can't find a website for the cahin , although I find some listed for other towns on the web.. Many such places sometimes house transient workers, especially since the hurricane.

There's also a small budget looking place south of the airport in Dania calle Luckey's Motel , which is owned by a local motel group- looks well kept from the outside, but once again, no idea what it would be like to stay in.

What's the max you feel you could spend- I'll keep looking- and what transportation will you have- taxi/shuttle or rental car?

January, as you have learned is our high season- how early in the month are you going to be here- with SuperBowl coming in early February, the last part of January may be especially brutal for accomodations.

Vancouver
7. Re: info on Americas Best Inn Fort Lauderdale S.

Hi again

We planned to be there at the beginning of January. We will have a rental car.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
8. Re: info on Americas Best Inn Fort Lauderdale S.

If you will have a rental car TropiRock becomes my #1 suggestion-

www.tropirock.com

check the website and the reviews on this site. You'll be able to walk to the beach very easily and your rental car will allow you lots of dining choices - on foot from the TropiRock there are limited choices, but lots of good stuff a very short hop away- and you will be close to the Water Taxi Stop, which will be a great deal for $110 per person all day. If they can accomodate you, I'd grab it!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
9. Re: info on Americas Best Inn Fort Lauderdale S.

Oops! Change that Water Taxi fare to $10 pp! Wouldn't be much of a bargain the other way! My keyboarding gets a little hairy for which I apologize, but hopefully folks get the gist!

Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale