We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami to Fort Lauderdale

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami to Fort Lauderdale

I am flying in to Miami airport in February 2014 and cruising out of Port Everglades 2 days later. I need to get from the airport to FL and reading the forum guess that the super shuttle is the best bet. However, I haven't booked a hotel yet and would like suggestions of a 3/4* hotel for 2 nights not too far from the port to make transfer for the cruise simple. Is it easy to find transport from Port Everglades back to Miami airport on our return?

11. Re: Miami to Fort Lauderdale

I've got plenty to look at and think about now. Thank you. I will let you know where we find. Your prices seem considerably cheaper than the hotel booking sites I have been looking at in the UK. Most were £320+ for 2 nights

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
12. Re: Miami to Fort Lauderdale

I'd suggest booking directly with the hotel not via a booking site.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 79
13. Re: Miami to Fort Lauderdale

I would urge you to fly into FLL not MIA. Immigration for us in the past at MIA has been a 3 hour nightmare and it's a horrible airport. We prefer to choose flights with around a 3 hour layover elsewhere, clear immigration and customs there and have a leisurely meal, then when you get of the flight at FLL you just have to grab your luggage and jump in a cab. I suppose for us it's an easy choice there are no direct flights so we can either do FLL or MIA via another US city but we only choose MIA if it's a substantial saving which has to start at around £100 each. There used to be direct flights to MIA from MAN which is why I know about the immigration nightmare.

14. Re: Miami to Fort Lauderdale

Thank you for that information. Direct flights LHR to Miami are about 5 hours less than having a connection. I will look at the cost again, but it seemed alot cheaper with BA to Miami than American airlines to FL. Quite a lot of the flights gave less than 1hr connection time which I guess won't be anywhere near enough for us from the UK for immigration. What experience have you had and what connection airports have you used?

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 79
15. Re: Miami to Fort Lauderdale

You need at least a 3 hour layover at all of them and I think we've flown via most major ones on our visits to the US. The one that normally comes in cheapest for us is US airways via Philadelphia. Have you looked at direct flights to MIA with United from LHR? Just saying because that normally comes up as an option for us, but f course we would have to get to LHR. Are you sure the direct flight is only 5 hours? It normally takes us 7 to ht PHL shorter on the return flight due to tail winds. Obviously the choice is yours, I just hate MIA even when we used to stay on South Beach I used to hate the airport. Anyway perhaps I've given you food for thought.

Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 130
16. Re: Miami to Fort Lauderdale

Sadly United Airlines no longer has much of a presence at Miami Intl. anymore and no longer offers non-stop service to London. There has also been an improvement in ques to clear Immigration at Miami Intl. Airport.

17. Re: Miami to Fort Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale