We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotels with shuttle service and breakfast

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dallas, texas
reviews: 2
Nice hotels with shuttle service and breakfast

I will be cruising in September and am looking for a nice hotel (for a group of 4) with shuttle service to the cruise port. Free breakfast would be a plus, but not required.

Last time I was there I stayed at a so, so hotel that did the trick (Comfort suites). But, I am kind of looking for someplace very nice, (3 1/2 - 4 star perhaps) either on the beach or even near the beach and some restaurants, etc.

I know this is a tall order, so anyone who has been here a few times, or knows the area well any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
1. Re: Nice hotels with shuttle service and breakfast

None of the hotels along the beach offer free shuttle from FLL or into Port Everglades- it simply isn't necessary for them to do so to get customers. A taxi from FLL to a beach hotel would cost about $20- with that amount divided among all in your party , no additional charge for additional passengers. Likewise a taxi back to Port Everglades from most beach front hotels would be about $15-20 total for your entire party depending on how far north on the beach it is and how deep n the port your ship is. Only one beach hotel I know of provides a free breakfast buffet, Best Western Plus Oceanside ..Again most beach hotels here don't have to lure in customers that way. BW Oceanside is probably the most reasonable of the beach chains however and I do recommend it if you want to be on the beach inexpensively ( by comparison to the other hotels there) It is very close to the Port so the taxi to the Port would likely be the $15 I mentioned.

The hotels on the 17th St Corridor ( I( assume you stayed at the Comfort Suites on the corner of 17th and Federal last time) all provide different combinations of shuttles- you would have to check their individual websites- but most charge a per person fee of some sort for the Port Shuttle - and I know in the case of the Hyatt Place thee the per person charge x 4 would actually be more expensive than hiring your own taxi- which would also spare you the bedlam in the lobby of those shuttle hotels with folks jockeying for seats. Some require that you sign up for a time in advance, but it is still very crowded and confused in most circumstances.

I personally would choose a hotel you want to stay in disregarding the "free shuttle " lure. The cost of a taxi for a party your size is minimal when you share it between you and so much more pleasant. The Destination Expert for Topeka KS a came in for a cruise recently and stayed at Hyatt Place ( it's on SE 10 just off 17th St near the Harbor Shops but nothing on 17th St is really walkable to the beach) . she and her hubby shared a taxi into the Port for less than Hyatt charged for a shuttle for two people and even walked over to Harbor Shops to Joe's Diner for breakfast, ignoring the 'free breakfast" room there which was a madhouse and were happy they had a pleasant time getting out of the hotel and to their ship by taxi. without having to stop to unload others at every ship.

Unlike many Port cities, our Airport and Port are very close together- so a free shuttle is not a big deal.

Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 130
2. Re: Nice hotels with shuttle service and breakfast

Lulu nailed it.

The Embassy Suites, though not on the beach has an excellent free breakfast, is close to the beach and the Port and fairly close to some restaurants.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 79
3. Re: Nice hotels with shuttle service and breakfast

The Embassy Suites mentioned is close to the Comfort Suites where you stayed last time. The only place that I can think of that matches the beach plus free breakfast is as Lulu suggested the Best Western Oceanside. If you are prepared to consider a Mom and Pop, The Alhambra provides a breakfast ( which I understand to be bagels, yoghurt, fruit type of thing) as opposed to the hot buffet style one provided by the BWO. Both establishments will be fairly basic. I looked around the BWO a few years ago and found it to be acceptable. you are prepared to forego the free breakfast you may bag a bargain at one of the larger beach hotels in September, but don't go off star ratings there are some renown 3 star dumps on the beach. Actually I've just thought of one that provides a free breakfast - The Avalon. You do NOT want to stay there!

Edited: 7:48 am, April 21, 2013
4. Re: Nice hotels with shuttle service and breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale