We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Around Florida in 11 days

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eau Claire...
reviews: 1
Around Florida in 11 days

I will be vacationing in Florida for 12 days from Nov 27th until Dec 8th 2012. I will fly into Ft lauderdale and then will drive. How can i see the best of florida in this time and what would be the best things to see and the best route to take.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 78
1. Re: Around Florida in 11 days

It depends on what your party consists of because some of what I am going to suggest isn't really child orientated.

Head to South Beach Miami stay for 2 nights, then on to Key West 3 nights to really get a feel for it. The drive back though the Keys, then through the Everglades to Naples, stay 1 night. If you like theme parks head to Orlando, if not it's a stopping off point, from there go to St Augustine (bear in mind it will be cool in the evenings the further north you go, take a jacket for evenings). Stay at least one night there. Then head back to Fort Lauderdale and stay somewhere on the beach for the remainder of your time.

Of course this is based on places that I have been to and enjoyed, the South Beach and Key West part probably won't suit if you have young kids. Also the northern aspect might not suit because it is colder, I can remember being cold in St Augustine in November but it was worth the trip from Orlando. I would certainly go back in summer.

Eau Claire...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Around Florida in 11 days

Thanks suewick

3. Re: Around Florida in 11 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 15, 2013