We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

people watching

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spring, Texas
reviews: 3
people watching

I am in Ft. lauderdale for a couple of months and would like some recommendations for restaurants and bars to check out. I usually sit at the bar (since I am traveling alone) and talk with the bar tender or anyone else around. I like to people watch so a little traffic is cool but Hooters at Beach place is a bit much! Thanks for any suggestions!

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for Saint Pete Beach
reviews: 170
1. Re: people watching

Try anywhere along Las Olas Boulevard which is a bit more upscale than Hooters!

Try breakfast outside Indigo, or a latte and cakes outside the Stork cafe on the comfy chairs.

There are numerous bars, it is a great area, Saturdays are particularly buzzy.

Enjoy!

Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 19
2. Re: people watching

Go to Southport Raw Bar - good place to pick up conversations with the regulars. And the bartenders, especially "Big Al" are pips. The River House (a bit upscale, but the bar area is casual) have some of the nicest bar and wait staff in the town. Also, go to Chuck's on 17th Street and eat at the bar. The staff there is excellent and there are always regulars (my SigO and I included) that you will easily be able to pick up a conversation with. You only need to go a few times and you will be family. None of these places are "pick up" joints, just nice local restaurants with great people.

Have fun and welcome. I'll see you at Chucks! :-)