We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winterfest Boat Parade

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
reviews: 10
Winterfest Boat Parade

Is this Saturday night...if you're thinking of going, here's some great news for you.

Looking for the perfect spot for the Winterfest Parade on Saturday? The Riverside Hotel has viewing spots available! http://bit.ly/gW4lqe

Riverside Hotel Patio Party. 6:00pm-8:30pm the celebration includes reception seating with cocktail tables and chairs, 2 1/2 Hour Open Bar and Hors D’oeuvre Buffet. The price is $85.00 Per Person.... (discounted from $95). Riverside Hotel will also have a viewing area with bleachers. Tickets are $20.00 in advance and $25.00 at the door. Call Johanna Balseca at 954-377-0943 to reserve your space.

Fort lauderdale
reviews: 32
1. Re: Winterfest Boat Parade

Thats a great deal. Too bad I already have plans.

Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 19
2. Re: Winterfest Boat Parade

We did this last year. Unfortunately, if you recall, it rained cats and dogs last year and it was very windy! What a site - all of us were huddled under one tent trying to keep dry!! If I recall, the food was just "meh" but it is a great location for the parade and something we were considering just last night.

Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 26
3. Re: Winterfest Boat Parade

I'm ashamed to ask this because I've lived in Broward for 28 years and have only attended the boat parade once. My question is: I thought the boat parade route goes through the intercoastal? The Riverside Hotel is off Las Olas on the New River, correct? Does the boat parade start on the New River?

We were thinking of going this year. How is the crowd at the Riverside Hotel? We like peaceful and boring. We were thinking about going to Shooters for the boat parade but I imagine it would be a zoo full of loud drunks. Any other recommendations for a relatively tranquil location? What about some other places off Oakland or Commercial?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
4. Re: Winterfest Boat Parade

They changed the route about two years ago . It now starts on the New River in Downtown Ft. Lauderdale( just west of Andrews Ave.) running parallel south of Las Olas and heads east on the New River , past the Riverside Hotel and then goes into the Intracoastal at the end of Las Olas and north from there - so all the former good viewing spots south of Las Olas ( like Pier 66 and 15th St . Fisheries) no longer will work .. Riverside Hotel plays a major role now and there are still viewing grandstands set up in Birch State Park at Sunrise Blvd. Several spots near me at Oakland Park Blvd on the Intracoastal like Shooters etc also take reservations and have packages. But it is a very different route than from just a few years ago. I'll see if I can link you to a map on my next post.

Fort Lauderdale...
5. Re: Winterfest Boat Parade

Okay, thanks.

Fort Lauderdale...
6. Re: Winterfest Boat Parade

Riverside Hotel is sold out, Shooters is selling packages for $125 per person, YIKES!! Was thinking of just getting a parking space at the public lot right after you cross the intercoastal bridge off Las Olas. Am I dreaming?

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
7. Re: Winterfest Boat Parade

I don't know how full that lot gets. I have a condo not far from Shooter's.

I have walked over to the area under the Oakland Park Bridge to watch the parade. There is a large public lot right by Shooters. I'm not sure what they would charge. Or you could try for a spot by the stores behind Walgreen's on Oakland Park and A1A. I think parking after 6 PM is free there.

Fort Lauderdale...
8. Re: Winterfest Boat Parade

Okay, thanks for the suggestions. We'll be there somewhere.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
9. Re: Winterfest Boat Parade

I was gonna suggest the grandstand seats at Birch Park, but they are sold out as well. For anyone not in town or unable to get to a viewing spot, this link should work for live streaming video of the Boat Parade starting at 6:30 pm our time

www.winterfestparade.com/index.php…

Looks like it will be a beautiful evening weatherwise! i hope that link works so our TA buddies all over the world will be able to see the lovely boats!

Fort Lauderdale...
10. Re: Winterfest Boat Parade

We just got back from the boat parade. it was not the madhouse I thought it would be. We arrived around 5:30 pm and there was plenty of parking left in the lot at the bottom of the Las Olas bridge. The lot did fill up later though. We walked the 2 blocks over to Quarterdeck and had a few drinks until 7:00 (Quarterdeck wasn't crowded either.) Then we walked up the bridge and watched the boat parade from the Las Olas bridge. Not a bad evening, and not too expensive.