We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best car rental

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
reviews: 83
Best car rental

We've decided to fly into and out of Ft. Lauderdale Airport vs. Miami (thanks to all of you and some in depth research!). We will be flying in on Airtran and flying out on USAIR. Can anyone suggest a good car rental agency that is located in the airport? Airtran is running a pretty good special through Hertz ($149 for a 4 1/2 day rental - economy size vehicle). As always...thanks a million

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
1. Re: Best car rental

All the major car rental firms share a joint facility at FLL , so no one firm is any more convenient than any otheer. There are four terminals at FLL and the rental car center is in the moddle. Busues circle the baggage claim areas constantly to take you and your luggage theer - it si possible to walk from Terminal 1, which I am pretty sure is not Air Tran.

At any rate , because of that ,I always just look for the lowest rate from any major firm and go with that. I usually have had good luck looking at rates on www.southwest.com ( no southwest reservation necessary) or a consolidator site www.breezenet.com They seem to cover every firm , but some will show up on the second page of rates listed and the second page ones are often cheaper. I think Payless is the only major firm I have heard less than good things about from a service/quality standpoint. I almost always find Budget, Dollar, Thrifty or Enterprise to be less expensive than Hertz or Avis, but rental rates fluctuate several times a day like airline fares. Generally, you can always cancel and change companies up untiil the very last minute- so I usually lock something in for convenience and continue to shop every few days , knowing I can change if rates go down.