We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sawgrass Mills area golf courses

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ontario, canada
reviews: 6
Sawgrass Mills area golf courses

My husband and I will be in Fort Lauderdale in a couple of weeks. I would like to shop at Sawgrass and my husband will drop me off and go golfing. Is there any nice golf courses in that area, so that he would not have to travel too far out of the way. Thanks

San Diego...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Sawgrass Mills area golf courses

You're in luck -- most of Broward County's golf courses are out in the Western suburbs, near Sawgrass Mills. One that I can recommend is Jacaranda, which is in Plantation, about 10 minutes away. For a list of all Broward courses, see: www.sunny.org/listings/index.cfm…

Ft. Lauderdale...
reviews: 35
2. Re: Sawgrass Mills area golf courses

I would recommend The Lago Mar Golf Course and or the Bonaventure Golf Course. I would be happy to assist you with tee times.

ontario, canada
reviews: 6
3. Re: Sawgrass Mills area golf courses

Thanks for the information on the courses, have checked out their websites. My husband is looking forward to playing them. Also we are interested in going to a Panthers game. Will there be skelpers selling tickets outside the arena before the game. Is the arena very close to sawgrass mills. Thanks again for the information. I really enjoy searching my vacation and have found a lot of info here.

Houston, TX
reviews: 20
4. Re: Sawgrass Mills area golf courses

The arena the Panthers play in is practically on the same site as the Sawgrass Mills mall. If you don't find scalpers, there should be plenty of tickets for purchase at the walk-up window as the place hardly ever sells out, unless you happen to catch it while one of the big visiting teams are in town.

For golf on the higher end of the spectrum in that area, the TPC at Heron Bay is close, and there's a new WCI/Greg Norman course in Plantation that will eventually be private but you should still be able to get on. Both are on the expensive side, but should be worth the effort.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
5. Re: Sawgrass Mills area golf courses

I am jumping in a bit late to add Plantation Preserve to your list of possible golf courses- it's at Broward Boulevard and SW 70th Ave, so fairly convenient to Sawgrass. It recently reopened after a major overhaul and is quite lovely. By the way, if you are in town on a Monday, you might pick up the local Sun Sentinel newspaper. The sports section usually has many ads with golfing specials, some involving coupons. There were two ads in todays (Thursday) paper , but I don't know if that is usual- one was for Plantation Preserve ( $79) and the other for Colony West in Tamarac ($59) which also would be a not bad choice.

6. Re: Sawgrass Mills area golf courses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 21, 2009