We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nov. 13-16,2013? What's happening?

Which Florida City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mystic, Connecticut
reviews: 35
Nov. 13-16,2013? What's happening?

I have been trying to book a room in the area to visit the Everglades on these dates,what is going on? Most are already booked (!?!)....I see some that are still ok, but does anyone know if there is some event happening to cause this?

5 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 10
1. Re: Nov. 13-16,2013? What's happening?

Surely, by now, you have figured out it's the last NASCAR race of the season at the Miami Homestead Speedway...

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 80
2. Re: Nov. 13-16,2013? What's happening?

You will find that many rooms are booked from Miami to Key Largo. You should be able to find beachside rooms as most race fans prefer to stay closer to the track. A little closer you might try Holiday Inn & Suites in Kendall. Decent hotel in safe area with a free breakfast. Be careful of any hotels in the Cutler Ridge area. Some are pretty disgusting. If you want only Florida City you should book soon.

Mystic, Connecticut
reviews: 35
3. Re: Nov. 13-16,2013? What's happening?

Oh yes, Thanks for all the info- Someone posted earlier there is a big race that weekend.... I found a pace I want to stay, any idea on if this will affect traffic in the area to a big extent? I'm interested in Everglades,not the city areas really...

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 80
4. Re: Nov. 13-16,2013? What's happening?

Yes, it is the final race of the Nascar season where they do the awards for best driver of the year. It will affect the traffic somewhat. Florida City is a very small place (I call it a gas and go town). Its really only a few motels and some chain restaurants and a couple gas stations on a strip of road leading into the keys. It is at the end of a backroad out of the racetrack and many race fans book there. Miami is a very large city and traffic is heavy most of the time anyway. The day of the main race will be the worst.

5. Re: Nov. 13-16,2013? What's happening?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, March 23, 2014

Reply to: Nov. 13-16,2013? What's happening?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted