We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Sarasota in mid-September

Which Florida City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Weather in Sarasota in mid-September

Hi,

We just booked our trip to Sarasota!! Will be staying at Longboat Key from Sep 15-21. Just checked the weather forecast for Sarasota and there seem to be thundershowers predicted every day for the entire duration of our trip! :-(

Does the forecast imply rain all day or just passing/ afternoon showers like in the tropics? Locals please reply - I am very excited about the trip but the weather forecast has been a big dampener..

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 82
1. Re: Weather in Sarasota in mid-September

You may want to post this on the Sarasota forum or the Florida forum. Florida City is actually located south of Miami just outside the Florida Keys.

It will all depend on how close the tropical storms / possible hurricanes get to us during that time period. Even if a storm is not coming here if it gets close enough we get rain bands from it. There are so many weather varieables it's very hard to say. Without a tropical storm out there you would probably only have some passing showers.

2. Re: Weather in Sarasota in mid-September

Thanks for the reply! I did post it on the Sarasota forum as well. I posted on this forum in error and don't know how to remove it from here.

Thanks anyways!

3. Re: Weather in Sarasota in mid-September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 20, 2012